• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Some Things To Watch This Weekend

After this performance and what I have been seeing over the last week Gruden has been in the mix, I gotta say I am not interested. Andy Dalton is not a bad QB, but the shit he pulled today reflects poor coaching. At least that is my opinion...and you know about those!

Whisenhunt had the best day today.

As usual, I'll be in the tank for whoever we hire. But I do like the Redskin connection. And the Pittsburgh connection. And what looks to be pretty good results when he's had a quality QB to call plays for.

And, I agree with Boone. Not sure Zimmer is HC material. Especially in our high profile market.

Zimmer at 57 will be the same age Shanahan was when he took the job here.

Remember that line from The Natural "guys your age don't become rookies, they retire" :)

Carroll had been a head coach before in both the NFL and college.

Zimmer is an absolute beginner.

703 area code call coming to Gruden’s cell in 3, 2, 1 . . .

--Rich Tandler

An ugly loss for the Bengals today. For those who haven't watched the Bengals before today, now you've had a chance to see a little bit about them. A few notes:

No playoff wins in 23 years
An owner with a reputation of being cheap with players and staff
Andy Dalton

Andy Dalton threw 21 picks this season. RG3 threw 12.

So what does everyone think?

I believe a great case can be made for either Gruden or Zimmer. But when everything is considered, Tandler and I agree, and I believe the call to Jay Gruden will be made very quickly.

And, with a desire to escape Andy Dalton and Cincy's ownership, Jay Gruden will say yes. I believe he'll be named the Head Coach of the Redskins in less than a week.

I believe he'll be named the Head Coach of the Redskins in less than a week.

I doubt that. Due diligence appears to be the m/o this time around so I think they wait until all prospective candidates can be interviewed. Because of the win today, Whisenhunt is still unable to be contacted by other teams.

Why the hard on for Gruden?

You would think he was another Norv Turner circa 1994 :laugh:

I doubt that. Due diligence appears to be the m/o this time around so I think they wait until all prospective candidates can be interviewed. Because of the win today, Whisenhunt is still unable to be contacted by other teams.

I believe a lot of that was due diligence. I also believe some of that was marketing--to give the appearance of taking their time to the fans. Notice how we haven't heard that any of the conducted interviews went extremely well? No rumors, no floating of any balloons?

I believe they've been waiting for the candidate or candidates they really want to become available. And I bet that just happened.

One of these teams with a HC need will throw the kitchen sink at Gruden quickly. And I don't see Dan getting beaten out.

I believe a lot of that was due diligence. I also believe some of that was marketing--to give the appearance of taking their time to the fans. Notice how we haven't heard that any of the conducted interviews went extremely well? No rumors, no floating of any balloons?

I believe they've been waiting for the candidate or candidates they really want to become available. And I bet that just happened.

One of these teams with a HC need will throw the kitchen sink at Gruden quickly. And I don't see Dan getting beaten out.

Well, you like hedging bets.

Why the hard on for Gruden?

You would think he was another Norv Turner circa 1994 :laugh:

6 Arena championships in 10 years as a player and coach.

1 championship game in the UFL, where he was both HC and GM.

Put up a lot of points, three playoff appearances in three years in Cincy with Andy Dalton as his QB.

11-5 this year. If you can put up points like his offense has with Dalton as QB, you're obviously doing something very right.

He wins immediately and consistently everywhere he goes, at every level, and can do it with difficult owners.

Seriously? You're going to judge the man's career on one game?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Well, if you've been following my train of thought on this subject in the posts I've made over the last couple of days, I have put a little more research into to it than just today's game. But there you go judging my point of view on one post. ;)

Cincinati plays 4 games total against the Ravens and Steelers. That doesn't help a teams offense stats...Neither is the head coach so they don't have complete control. that being said there is no sure thing...
Oh Lord! Here we go again. Gruden took a middle of the road offense and made them a little bit better middle of the road offense.

And I like Zimmer, but I did not realize how old he is. yes, I am factoring that into the equation. Not saying it would eliminate him, it appears he's a no nonsense kinda coach and I like that. But he's a a bit long in the tooth for what I'd like to see...young and hungry. Edit: Qualified too of course. :laugh:

And Yes! If Kevin Benjamin falls to the 34th pick in the draft...I would not be a bit upset. He is going to be a monster in the NFL.

Hue Jackson might be a sleeper

Hue Jackson might be a sleeper

Hue Jackson?

The same Hue Jackson that traded away the Raiders future for Carson Palmer and bragged about it?

Hue Jackson would be a disaster here imo.

I will take whomever can relate to the players, understands RGIII and what needs to be done to move him to the next level, has the management skills to organize, discipline and lead young men and staff. HC is less about making the calls and more about accomplishing organizational goals and objectives, settling on the strategy, setting the policies and establishing roles and responsibilities for operations (i.e., coaching staff and players) that meet the goals and objectives. too business like? exactly! toss in inspirational qualities needed for 20 somethings and you have leadership. he's the Battle Group Commander...not the Commander-in-Chief (what Shanahan wanted to be). he's the two star who, teaming with the GM, is accountable for ensuring franchise objectives are met, ensuring all the functional elements are trained and efficient in their assigned roles, continually assessing performance and adjusting as required to execute the strategy.

Hue Jackson?

The same Hue Jackson that traded away the Raiders future for Carson Palmer and bragged about it?

Hue Jackson would be a disaster here imo.

Jackson was a disaster when he was here as OC. Not sure how much of the playcalling he actually did under SOS, but he was better as a position coach.

Nick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.