• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What If It's Briles?

I hope it isn't Briles or any other QB run option coach. Occasional draws and bootlegs are good but very minimally.

Open to an up and coming college coach that doesn't run pistol stuff though.

There are probably a lot of reasons why a Briles hire would be the riskiest, but they aren't proof he would fail and don't necessarily doom him to being Spurrier II.

I would agree with you if this team had an established, experienced and proven Front Office and Personnel structure.

But as our history shows, we haven't had that since Beathard left.

IMO, putting a guy like Briles into this "pot luck" office structure is a recipe for disaster...especially since he has no idea what the NFL is all about.

If we had a proven structure like Pittsburgh or Baltimore..etc..someone a first time HC could lean on...Briles might be a decent guy to experiment with.

If the Redskins hire Briles they will be hiring a proven winner. Every program he has taken over have been transformed from a dumpster to a winner. He would surround himself with great people who understand the NFL. For purely selfish reasons, I hope the Redskins hire someone else.

Well, if nothing else, we all can get a good look at his system in action tonight. Highlights only show so much, but a full game can be quite revealing.

And no, I will not be rooting for Baylor, my daughter attends UCF :)

I did not like what I heard from Briles. To him the greatest reason to go to the NFL is to see if his system would work at that level.

That's not the right answer.

The right answer is that a move to the NFL would be a challenge to compete for and win a championship.

Spurrier was similarly wedded to the ideas of systems and scheming it up without regard to any changes the competition would force him to make.

Protecting the qb for example.

And Chip Kelly was wed to his system too Bulldog. That doesn't seem to have had disastrous results. As several have noted, ALL coaches are wed, to a certain extent, to the systems they've run successfully. I thinking writing off a guy who's had nothing but success with a couple of snarky comments is short-sighted. It won't happen, but what I'd like to see us do is hire a hungry young DC as head coach, and convince Briles to come aboard as the highest paid OC in the NFL. If he can't show success, replacing an OC in year 2 or 3 is a lot less traumatizing to the franchise than head coaching turnover.

Better defense-- Briles or Haslett?

It seems to me that interviewing Bevell from Seattle could be looked at as seeking some sort of compromise between the concept of Briles as "an innovator familiar with Griffin's abilities" and an NFL experienced coordinator only one who just happens to be successful in a system with a QB notably similar to Griffin.

That sound you hear? It's everyone who jumped temporarily from the Shaw bus, onto the Briles bus, now running to try to get a seat on the Jay Gruden Express.

That sound you hear? It's everyone who jumped temporarily from the Shaw bus, onto the Briles bus, now running to try to get a seat on the Jay Gruden Express.

Why do you say that?

Stanford down today, and Briles getting embarrassed.

110th ranked defense last year. Most penalized team in the country. Just getting taken apart by UCF.

Soo...you think anyone who liked Briles is now not a fan because they lost?

God no. I think people who don't follow college football, who thought Briles would make a good HC in the NFL, won't be talking about him anymore.

As an OC? That's one conversation. But not at a HC. I don't think we were ever really considering him, but tonight will remove any doubts.

I guess that ends the talk of Ed from the Bartles and James commercials(Briles) becoming HC here......

Good.

Boone, it will be interesting to see what happens in Philly. That run to 10-6 and a division title against mostly suspect competition has me wondering if we are looking at a team that falls back to the pack in 2014.

I don't understand Loverro and others picking the Eagles to be a darkhorse for the Super Bowl in the NFC.

What I saw last Sunday night was an Eagles team that was mostly healthy playing a Dallas team with a backup quarterback and the worst defense in the NFL yardage wise and coming out with a razor thin 24-22 win.

I wasn't that impressed.

What I saw is the Eagles achilles heel. The recipe to beat Philly pretty obvious. Max pressure on Foles. He looked like a deer in the headlights all game long last week - he had no idea what to do and refuses to get rid of the ball under pressure. That's going to kill them in the playoffs. And despite having the league's #1 rusher, they seemed reluctant to put the game in his hands. I will be very surprised if they win more than 1 playoff game, IF that. I say they are one and done.

Hoping as much. The Eagles are right down there with the Cowboys and Raiders as a team I can't stand :)

briles as the OC, anyone but Haslett as the DC and a motivator/builder type at HC IM not sure whose availablefor Dc's yet, and HC should be a young guy with a shit ton of energy who wants to build a legacy, not an ol has been looking for a payday

It won't happen, but what I'd like to see us do is hire a hungry young DC as head coach, and convince Briles to come aboard as the highest paid OC in the NFL. If he can't show success, replacing an OC in year 2 or 3 is a lot less traumatizing to the franchise than head coaching turnover.

Forget Briles I'd like to see them hire the new head coach for Auburn as the OC only because he has little experience otherwise I'd hire him as the Head Coach. If anything that dude would put in the time to figure out how to win, like Gibbs did. I recently read that article on ESPN about the dude and he sounds like somebody who will be one of the next great coaches if he isn't already.

Forget Briles I'd like to see them hire the new head coach for Auburn as the OC only because he has little experience otherwise I'd hire him as the Head Coach. If anything that dude would put in the time to figure out how to win, like Gibbs did. I recently read that article on ESPN about the dude and he sounds like somebody who will be one of the next great coaches if he isn't already.

They have been touting that Auburn team, coach, QB and RB, all through the lead up to the National Championship as if that Auburn team is the greatest team to ever take the field in college football! One article, written by someone from ESPN does not transfer into a quality OC in the NFL.

What about those of us who wanted Sumlin? :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.