• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Pickem Results: Week 8

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
9.png

Week 8 of the BGO NFL Pickem Contest was a rare one - with players coming back down to Earth with a resounding thud and the overall contest leaders tightening. The second half of the NFL season should make this contest a nailbiter to the end.

Standouts this week included DenverBronco alone at the top finishing 10-3, with a logjam of players including Lanky Livingston, brett4444, Coolbreeze, Slacky, BigRedskinDaddy, Ax, RobinTom, and Pravda at 9-4.

For the year and overall contest leaders, servumtuum continues to lead (although his huge lead is now a razor thin one) at 83-33, followed closely by Neophyte at 82-34, China at 81-35, and Lanky Livingston, Coolbreeze, bradysux360, MisterPinStripe, and EatSleepRedskin all tied at 80-36.

Click HERE to view all Week 8 results.

Click HERE for total season standings after Week 8.

Last edited:
The season totals you put up list me at 81-35, putting me in sole possession of 3rd place.

Right you are China, my bad (and fixed) :)

Week 9 is an extremely tough week to pick...I think there's going to be a lot of movement in the top 10.

At first I was blown away by Pravda's -62 points this week, cause I thought it meant he predicted 104 total points. Then I realized he just forgot to put in the score, lol.

Week 9 is an extremely tough week to pick...I think there's going to be a lot of movement in the top 10.

Lanky, this is the kind of crap I was actually referring to when I mentioned in a earlier post about things getting tougher. Things are starting to sort out a bit more and the "spoilers" are out there plus the tough 1's and 2's in the divisions-like Dallas and Philadelphia and the OMG! matchups like Denver and Pittsburgh. Raverns/Bengals.

Yuck-it's gonna get messy-like I said there may be only a two to three game spread in the top ten after the next three to four weeks. The bloodbath has started. :eek:

Harsh week for me, luckily Servum allowed me to catch up a couple of games.

This next week should be very interesting. This is the time that big movement starts happening in the standings.

Lanky, this is the kind of crap I was actually referring to when I mentioned in a earlier post about things getting tougher. Things are starting to sort out a bit more and the "spoilers" are out there plus the tough 1's and 2's in the divisions-like Dallas and Philadelphia and the OMG! matchups like Denver and Pittsburgh. Raverns/Bengals.

Yuck-it's gonna get messy-like I said there may be only a two to three game spread in the top ten after the next three to four weeks. The bloodbath has started. :eek:

Harsh week for me, luckily Servum allowed me to catch up a couple of games.

This next week should be very interesting. This is the time that big movement starts happening in the standings.

Fortunately for me, I'm so far out of the running at this point that I don't have to worry about such things as close races. :bucktooth:

At first I was blown away by Pravda's -62 points this week, cause I thought it meant he predicted 104 total points. Then I realized he just forgot to put in the score, lol.
Yep--missed it. Oh well. This week I'm picking 99. :)

Just realized 62x2 is 124, not 104. /idiot
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I will continue to say this - but I hope everyone will continue to play, regardless of their record. That's the most challenging part about pickem leagues - folks drop out once it's clear they won't be a top finisher. We're only halfway through and with everyone over .500, there's literally no one that couldn't pull it out and take the overall spot from here.

Hey'd .. I'd be in it even if I was under .500... I enjoy it and while I don't know half of what most of you do.. it's fun to see what my gut tells me :)

8-3 for me, and if Dallas wins in Philly, I'll be tied for this week's lead. Better than usual for me.

I'm dropping like a lead balloon. :(
Right there with ya bro. Oh well, at least we don't have to endure it alone. Here's hoping we can mount a comeback in a week or two to get back in contention.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Good week for me, but the Tampa Green Bay game through me for a loop. Did not see that coming. And the Titans seem to be playing better the last couple of games.

Good week for me, but the Tampa Green Bay game through me for a loop. Did not see that coming. And the Titans seem to be playing better the last couple of games.

That game knocked me out of Heidenreich's suicide pool. MOTHEREFFER!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.