• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2014 Coaching Search Rumors

Im not beating on anyone or trying to squelch the conversation, it just seems like am obvious answer so i don't get where even a sniff of controversy arises!

If you guys want something to iworry about worry about McVay's recent comments that Gruden 'will be the offensive coordinator' seemingly implying that wunderkind McVay will be nothing more than a glorified QBs coach. THAT is concerning to me as a first time NFL head coach needs all the help he can get, needs to let talent around him work (didn't we just go through those issues with Shanahan?) and Gruden needs to realize he is coach of the entire team now, not just the offense. Not saying we already have a problem, but i didnt like the super subordinate and deferring tone i heard in McVay's comments.

As for the 5 year guarantee...I truly believe that is maturity on Snyder's side. It shows a commitment. I think he understands that it will take 5 years for a coach to truly build a consistent winner. At least I hope so.

He's given each coach 5 year contracts and how many have stayed all 5 years?

It takes 5 years to build a winner in Snyders eyes yet he's never given a coach 5 years, except for Gibbs who quit before his 5th year.

Im not beating on anyone or trying to squelch the conversation, it just seems like am obvious answer so i don't get where even a sniff of controversy arises!

If you guys want something to iworry about worry about McVay's recent comments that Gruden 'will be the offensive coordinator' seemingly implying that wunderkind McVay will be nothing more than a glorified QBs coach. THAT is concerning to me as a first time NFL head coach needs all the help he can get, needs to let talent around him work (didn't we just go through those issues with Shanahan?) and Gruden needs to realize he is coach of the entire team now, not just the offense. Not saying we already have a problem, but i didnt like the super subordinate and deferring tone i heard in McVay's comments.

Oh I don't think it's a controversy. I'm honestly just wondering what the perception of the organization is. Go to washington and demand a 5 year, guaranteed contract saying that's what it will take to fix things?

To me a 2 or 3 year deal would have been fine. I don't think this team is nearly as bad as many others seem to think. I don't see a need for a complete overhaul or an organization that has a serious culture problem, player contract problem, or completely devoid of talent (ala when Shanahan first took over.)

I'm looking at the cost of bailing. We've done a whole lot of bailing on contracts because the guy didn't work out - players and coaches alike.

Remember the ridiculousness at the end of the Zorn era because Snyder wanted him to quit to void the guaranteed money but Zorn realized this is the most money he'll ever make? It was a complete embarrassment...

A plan without an exit strategy is a shitty plan and this contract leaves no exit strategy unless Snyder doesn't care about the money like he did with Zorn.

I'm sorry that I'm focused on that right now, but I am. And while maybe many people disagree with me on it, I've yet to see any news that comforts me on the subject or changes my opinion.

Maybe Zimmer will get a similar deal and I'll be reduced to just being wrong in even caring about it in the first place.

As for the McVay thing... that's the first I'm hearing about it (been busy) but I agree with you on the surface - not exactly what you want to hear...

That makes sense tshile, thanks for clarifying. Ill admit the 5 year guarantee got my attention too. If Gruden is unsuccessful, the next coach will claim it really takes 7 years to turn the Redskins around...

That makes sense tshile, thanks for clarifying. Ill admit the 5 year guarantee got my attention too. If Gruden is unsuccessful, the next coach will claim it really takes 7 years to turn the Redskins around...

Yeah, I have faith in Allen.

In Allen I Trust.

Hopefully we're discussing contract restructuring in 2 years because he (and his team) have outperformed his contract ;)

Expect to see Doug Williams on the staff.

Yeah, they met and discussed a personnel position I believe is the report?

Two things:

1. The Redskins are a big market team that is highly profitable. Like the Patriots, Cowboys, Bears and others we will pay what we need to sign a coach and not wait two weeks for him to visit more teams and then try to bid for his services, trying to save a few bucks or a year on the back end of the deal.

2. Because of all the changes here over the past 10 years any coach is going to be mindful that he gets time to fix things. This team is not going to be 14-2 next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.