• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

[Official] Get your coaching staff predictions in

A Briles signing would be a major symptom of a bigger problem. I don't know anything about him, but I do know that the only reason his name is even being mentioned at all is because he was Griffins coach in college. Thats a terrible terrible reason to hire an NFL head coach, and yet its something Dan Snyder would do.

If Snyder is this changed man I keep hearing about, Briles name won't be floated around by anyone associated with the Redskins.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

With Briles being extended to 2023, it's fairly safe to say we won't be hearing anything from the team, and the media speculation should die down soon enough.

Baylor has approved a contract extension for Art Briles that takes the coach of the year candidate to 2023, according to two sources.

Baylor extends Art Briles' contract to 2023 - CBSSports.com

I have never thought Briles would be a serious Redskins target - if only because of the controversy it would cause. That being said, no college coach is really secured no matter what they say or how lengthy a contract they sign for - unless there's some huge buy-out clause attached. I just don't think Briles pines for the NFL. If he can get 'paid' big-time at the college level, why would he?

For starters, he's 59 years old. 60 before the season starts.

Now do you want a ten year coach, or another five year coach? Legitimate question.

I know it may not seem that way to a pup like you, but 59 is still young McD5. Let's keep a coach for 5 years before we worry about 10, shall we? :)

I know it may not seem that way to a pup like you, but 59 is still young McD5. Let's keep a coach for 5 years before we worry about 10, shall we? :)

Lol, I wish I was a pup.

60 is young, but not for a HC in the NFL.

12-14 hour workdays, further planning at home, and trying to stay one step ahead of the rest of the league is taxing. I'm sure it can be done, but it's probably even more difficult at 65.

Like Presidents, NFL coaches visibly wear down quickly.

His age shouldn't exclude him, but it's one of many factors that at least needs to be acknowledged.

this area doesn't have patience for a 10 year coach.

if someone came in and went 9-7, 11-4 with a super bowl, 10-6 with loss in first round of the playoffs, 10-6 with loss in second round of plays, over the next 4 years there'd be a healthy contingent of fans demanding he be fired because he's not getting enough out of the team.

10 years?!

lol. that's cute.

if someone came in and went 9-7, 11-4 with a super bowl, 10-6 with loss in first round of the playoffs, 10-6 with loss in second round of plays, over the next 4 years there'd be a healthy contingent of fans demanding he be fired because he's not getting enough out of the team.

10 years?!

lol. that's cute.

I don't know, man. If a coach went 11-4 and miraculously made it to the Super Bowl, I'd be under the assumption that God was on his side and we should stick with him.

10 years?!

lol. that's cute.

You've just been beaten down by the only Redskins teams you've known in your young life. We start consistently winning, we are a perennial playoff team, the head coach of the Washington Redskins is GOD. Even the local press will start cozying up to him. You'd be amazed.

Yeah. People who aren't from around here do not have an accurate feel for how much Gibbs is venerated. It hasn't passed, and I doubt it ever will.

You've just been beaten down by the only Redskins teams you've known in your young life. We start consistently winning, we are a perennial playoff team, the head coach of the Washington Redskins is GOD. Even the local press will start cozying up to him. You'd be amazed.

i know no other way
:(
sucks.

For some reason I thought earlier this year, that the dark horse candidate would be Jack Del Rio. I have no real reason behind that, but I could see it happening.

Chudzinski is available he might be able to get 5 wins out of us

So it looks like all the Monday Morning Fired people were right.

Though the rest of the staff appears to still be hired... it'll be interesting to see how it finishes out.

For some reason I thought earlier this year, that the dark horse candidate would be Jack Del Rio. I have no real reason behind that, but I could see it happening.

It's being "reported" that Minnesota is looking in that direction.

Early gut reaction is Jay Gruden. Allen is the GM, so with his relationship with Jon we may have inside track to little brother.

I quit reading when the response quit being concise.

Also, worth noting, the thread asked about coaches and not FO/Organizational Structure/GM/etc, so it's kind of not fair, but...

What I want: Shanny & staff are fired. Morocco Brown is promoted to GM, Allen is promoted to VP or something. They hire Kevin Sumlin from A&M to coach, bring in Rex Ryan to coach the D.

What I think will happen (what I want part II): Kyle and Jim fired, Mike stays. Gary Kubiak brought in to run the offense, Rex Ryan brought in to run the D.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

This is the closes to right so far. Morocco and Scott will stay on as personnel people and Allen was promoted to VP. Allen will take the GM duty/title/role though.

In truth I'm in the 'let's bring in a young head coaching stud (ala Gibbs I) and see if he can flourish' camp. I guess I'll cross my fingers and hope like always if we go for a retread but seems like bringing in someone young and out to prove them self is a better way to go. Only problem with that approach is that you really have to be able to find the right guy, something I am not sure we are capable of. It would be a higher risk/higher reward move.

How about Brian Schottenheimer?

:movefast:

i would love brian schottenheimer.

of course, i'm far from an expert on nfl coaches.

i thought it was hilarious when the jets fired him, i thought he was clearly the least of their problems.

but what do i know...

What I want:
The entire staff to be fired with the exception of Bruce Allen and Morocco Brown. Hire a football GM or promote Brown. Several good names have been suggested in this thread. Hire David Shaw or Jay Gruden as HC. There will be several good DCs available.

What I think will happen:
See above.

I dunno, this dude looks like he could be on to something. Just wish he felt better today. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.