• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

[Official] Get your coaching staff predictions in

Everyone keeps repeating the 'oh God, what if we hire Art Briles!' Mantra, but how many of us really know a damn thing about Art Briles? All I know is that he's mostly come in to programs (Texas Tech, Baylor) and totally turned them around. He's a religious guy...beyond that, I don't know much about him. I know the immediate reply I'll get is that 'his offense doesn't require the QB to read defenses' which I think while it may be technically true, isn't entirely factual. His programs have produced some pretty good QBs however and he also has a pretty good eye for talent (believe he discovered a kid named Wes Welker for example). I'm not saying he's the best guy for the job, but I also don't think he should be ruled out - and that many groaning about the possibility may not have any factual rationale for mocking the idea.

Personally, I think the chance that Snyder makes good decisions after the Shanahans depart is very slim. He doesn't know how to build a winning franchise, and sadly I see no evidence he will figure it out this next do-over.

Only if you wear the little cone-shaped bra and Madonna headset like last time...

I'm not worried about them hiring Briles. He just signed a new, fat contract with Baylor and really hasn't ever shown any signs of wanting to coach outside of Texas or move to the NFL. Granted, I don't eat dinner with the guy so I could be totally wrong but I just don't have the feeling that he is a real possibility. I think if he is leaving Baylor it is to take Mack Brown's place in Austin.

Whatevs. My cone bra ROCKS.

I still haven't mastered the high heels though. :(

i keep trying to figure out where this train jumped the track, but can't

apparently everyone here wears bras but me. the question is, am i the one in the wrong?

I think there's going to be a house cleaning with this whole staff and fresh blood brought in.

I WANT a rabbi, shaman, school teacher, priest, monk and a witch brought in. They can converge on redskin park joining forces to rid whatever ****ing voodoo plague that's cursed us for so long.

Would say ppv it and donate the money to a local charity although the FCC may frown upon a human sacrifice.

Maybe have this guy pull Vinny's heart out at the stadium.

Whatevs. My cone bra ROCKS.

I still haven't mastered the high heels though. :(

When you're this sexy the heels are secondary.

madonna.jpg

Bill O'Brien is off the market. He will be hired by the Texans.

Too bad - I thought he was one of the best names being tossed around.

Shanahan and staff gone after 24-40 over 4 years.

A new GM who will then select an ambitious younger coordinator or assistant coach that can bring in some energy and focus on the future rather than a discussion of what he accomplished 10 years ago.

And for those who are mathematically challenged, that's only a .375 winning percentage.

Or about 38%

True, but they also delivered a great season last year and an NFC championship - just to be fair.

A new GM who will then select an ambitious younger coordinator or assistant coach that can bring in some energy and focus on the future rather than a discussion of what he accomplished 10 years ago.

That is about as likely as my wife giving me a week's pass and getting an invite to Hefner's mansion with all the ..umm.."amenities"...included.

What I want:
The entire staff to be fired with the exception of Bruce Allen and Morocco Brown. Hire a football GM or promote Brown. Several good names have been suggested in this thread. Hire David Shaw or Jay Gruden as HC. There will be several good DCs available.

What I think will happen:
See above.

Everyone keeps repeating the 'oh God, what if we hire Art Briles!' Mantra, but how many of us really know a damn thing about Art Briles? All I know is that he's mostly come in to programs (Texas Tech, Baylor) and totally turned them around. He's a religious guy...beyond that, I don't know much about him. I know the immediate reply I'll get is that 'his offense doesn't require the QB to read defenses' which I think while it may be technically true, isn't entirely factual. His programs have produced some pretty good QBs however and he also has a pretty good eye for talent (believe he discovered a kid named Wes Welker for example). I'm not saying he's the best guy for the job, but I also don't think he should be ruled out - and that many groaning about the possibility may not have any factual rationale for mocking the idea.

Personally, I think the chance that Snyder makes good decisions after the Shanahans depart is very slim. He doesn't know how to build a winning franchise, and sadly I see no evidence he will figure it out this next do-over.

For starters, he's 59 years old. 60 before the season starts.

Now do you want a ten year coach, or another five year coach? Legitimate question.

Last edited:
A Briles signing would be a major symptom of a bigger problem. I don't know anything about him, but I do know that the only reason his name is even being mentioned at all is because he was Griffins coach in college. Thats a terrible terrible reason to hire an NFL head coach, and yet its something Dan Snyder would do.

If Snyder is this changed man I keep hearing about, Briles name won't be floated around by anyone associated with the Redskins.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.