• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: RG2 Wants Art Briles To Coach In Washington

Most of the issues you mention with RG3 are easily correctable. It's called youth...things came far too easy for RG3 the Heisman,the 2 horse race between Him and Luck. He got caught up in it. So did I...He will have a quiet off season with his health. I know he can throw the ball with speed and accuracy. I've seen it. It's not like he can't...but he never regained that accuracy this season for more than a quarter or two a game. It was there though! I saw it with my own eyes. Here's hoping a new coach and coordinator come on board and help him find a comfort zone in which to operate.

I agree with you and hope you're right.

I hope the new coaching staff isn't picked based on their likeability level to RG3. I hope the new coaching staff has full control over depth chart, play calling, etc. I hope they're able to be the coach they need to be for the organization, whatever that means in regards to how Griffin is treated and handled.

:)

I'm sure Adidas had a lot to do with the marketing campaign. He still went along with it, and he held those press conferences and said the things he said on his own.

My issue isn't that he wanted to be back, or that he worked as hard as he did. In fact I applaud him for that and sincerely appreciate the effort. That sort of character has been missing from this locker room for a while (the whole - come here to get paid culture.) My issue is it feels like he created the atmosphere where sitting him was not a legitimate option, and in hindsight I think it's clear sitting him for 2-6 weeks should not have only been a legitimate option but in my mind it was likely the best option.

Shanahan has his own fair share of blame in that situation as an enabler.

I have no doubt you feel like that. All I'm pointing out is to make your case with things that aren't just someone implying something they have no proof for and there are a multitude of explanations for that are just as likely. You have plenty you could say to make your case without resorting to piling on tactics.

He's the one that lied about being hurt in the seahawks game (we have video/audio of this, it's not disputable)
As would almost any player who ever strapped on a helmet. Ya got nothing here.

He's the one that went out on interviews with his father taking shots at the coaching staff
"Taking shots" is open for lots of interpretation. You apparently loathe the young man, so it's understandable you see it as worst case.

He's the one that started an 'All in for week one' campaign
Easily explained by Shi-no
and held press conferences during training camp talking about how he's doing his part and how he hopes others 'keep their word' making any decisions that didn't involve him playing week 1 impossible to make for the organization.
Completely understandable. And easily doused by a coach with balls. Which Shammy was supposed to be in possession of. He could have controlled that. He didn't. He's the coach. 100% of the blame goes to him.

Yes, I clearly loath the guy that's on the jersey I dropped almost $300 on, picked as my avatar, upgraded my seats at the stadium in anticipation of him coming here and doing great things, and spend majority of my redskins-related-thoughts sincerely concerned about the well-being and future of.

Lots of loathing there. ;)

For the record - I think there's plenty of dysfunction on display at Redskins park from a lot of folks. But the idea that Griffin is 'uncoachable' and a 'coach killer' in year two, and that even folks here have started tossing that around as if those are 'facts' - it's absurd and I don't care how many media people cite some anonymous source saying it.

I think Dan Snyder needs to make a public statement about the future of the franchise, and soon. All this uncertainty doesn't do anyone any good, especially the players. Free agents are looking at Washington hearing the same stuff we are, going "no way I'm going to Washington, they don't even know who the coach is." He needs to resolve this yesterday; and the sooner the better.

I think Dan Snyder needs to make a public statement about the future of the franchise, and soon. All this uncertainty doesn't do anyone any good, especially the players. Free agents are looking at Washington hearing the same stuff we are, going "no way I'm going to Washington, they don't even know who the coach is." He needs to resolve this yesterday; and the sooner the better.

I'm expecting he will do so Monday morning, following the final game.

And honestly, I'll be extremely happy and impressed with the idea that he held off until after the season. I may not like the decision he makes, or maybe not even the things he says, but I am glad we haven't heard directly from him. (Though there's quite interesting discussions about information he's leaked through his media folk that's not very fun to think about :( )

Actually, Boone, my original post here was more sarcastic towards Shanahan than anything else.

My point was that as the all-seeing and omnipotent leader that he is, IF there are flaws in RGIII how come he didn't spot them in his interviews and prep leading up to the draft?

I am amused that Shanahan looked so pleased at having selected Griffin at the draft and then soured on him so quickly.

Actually, Boone, my original post here was more sarcastic towards Shanahan than anything else.

My point was that as the all-seeing and omnipotent leader that he is, IF there are flaws in RGIII how come he didn't spot them in his interviews and prep leading up to the draft?

I am amused that Shanahan looked so pleased at having selected Griffin at the draft and then soured on him so quickly.

I think Shanahan has a personality disorder. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for much of his tenure as I think some if the challenges he's faced were out of his control. But his management of the debacle of the last 2 months has been horrifically bad. I don't know that I've ever seen a coach so woefully unable to articulate what is going on with his team, and what he and his staff are doing about it as what I've seen from him.

I don't blame Shanahan entirely for the lack of success this year, but he's created a dysfunctional dynamic that's going to cost him his job and which has contributed to a major setback for last year's ROY.

I knew he had a blind spot when he assembled an offensive line of waiver wire and practice squad players and then spent three first round picks on a qb.

What was Gibbs' biggest mantra for winning consistently?

Protect your quarterback.

Anyone happy with this scenario:

Mike stays, Kyle, Haslett, & Burns go, Rex Ryan is brought in the be the defensive coordinator.

Yes, I clearly loath the guy that's on the jersey I dropped almost $300 on, picked as my avatar, upgraded my seats at the stadium in anticipation of him coming here and doing great things, and spend majority of my redskins-related-thoughts sincerely concerned about the well-being and future of.

Lots of loathing there. ;)
Sorry, my bad. I was confused by all the blame for the "dysfunction" caused by the egomaniac and his stage mother, father.

Shanahan needs to go.

HE chose the coaches here as well as the players.

If we have to do a mulligan and bring in new coordinators and new systems why bring Mike back?

That's like a party telling the President they will support his re-election if he fires most of his cabinet and brings in people with new ideas.

Just doesn't make sense.

How about, Mike stays, and anybody he wants to stay, stays, and we ride this pony, Mike's way, to the completion of his contract.

Or, you fire everybody.

How about, Mike stays, and anybody he wants to stay, stays, and we ride this pony, Mike's way, to the completion of his contract.

Or, you fire everybody.

Those are the only 2 viable options in my book. Personally, I don't know how he stays with the whole organization in disarray. The only reason it could happen is because Snyder doesn't want to eat the contracts.

Sorry, my bad. I was confused by all the blame for the "dysfunction" caused by the egomaniac and his stage mother, father.

Hah :)

I've flip flopped on this so many times I'm far from consistent or in any way a voice of reason on what is going on right now. :)

I agree with everything you just mentioned. Ultimately any young quarterback needs a mentor. That mentor doesn't have to be the head coach.
I agree with you and hope you're right.

I hope the new coaching staff isn't picked based on their likeability level to RG3. I hope the new coaching staff has full control over depth chart, play calling, etc. I hope they're able to be the coach they need to be for the organization, whatever that means in regards to how Griffin is treated and handled.

Those are the only 2 viable options in my book. Personally, I don't know how he stays with the whole organization in disarray. The only reason it could happen is because Snyder doesn't want to eat the contracts.
I think it's at least possible, that part of keeping everyone, can show some degree of maturity by Snyder. In that, at some point stability needs to become the norm. So that going forward, any new coach hired can have some degree of comfort that the owner will have his back through the hard times. And that he has the power to do it his way.

Shanahan needs to go.

HE chose the coaches here as well as the players.

If we have to do a mulligan and bring in new coordinators and new systems why bring Mike back?

That's like a party telling the President they will support his re-election if he fires most of his cabinet and brings in people with new ideas.

Just doesn't make sense.

Players back him, that's why you keep him. Well, players not named Griffin, that is.

I think Mike needs to go as well. He needs a breath of fresh air and so does the team. I hope things workout where Allen is GM. and hires the next coach. I'm pretty open to listen who might be available...
Anyone happy with this scenario:

Mike stays, Kyle, Haslett, & Burns go, Rex Ryan is brought in the be the defensive coordinator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.