• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WaPo: Is Mike Shanahan or Daniel Snyder to blame?

Ultimately Snyder can't escape ownership of this mess at some level.
For sure. The hire, in hindsight, and for many it was foresight, was bad. He's a Super Bowl winning coach, however, so it was no obvious thing to turn out bad. Certainly no one would have predicted this mess, which is a mess created by Shanahan IMO. Snyder doesn't get the benefit of doubt anymore. However, it's been a really long time since he's been an interfering Owner as best I can tell. And the timing of all this is too convenient as a way out for Shanahan. Blame the easy, hated target. Fans are sure to grab onto it.

According to Keim the notion that Snyder has been meddling and buddying up to Griffin all year is bullhockey. I have a lot of trust in Keim and his sources so at this stage I say B.S. to trying to turn this into a Snyder thing, the guy has COMPLETELY gotten out of the picture by all accurate accounts.

Snyder is a lightening rod for controversy. He brings a lot on himself. It is his team and right or wrong he can try to be buddy buddy with certain players. It may not be best, but he has the right.

When he hired Shanahan he knew he was getting a control freak. We knew Shanahan the GM would be the downfall of Shanahan the coach. I'm not a Shanahan fan, but since he is coach of my team I supported him.

I place the blame for this mess on Shanahan, Snyder, and even Griffin. The 3 of them need to learn how to play nicely together.

Shanahan went through Sally Jenkins, his buddy, to take shots at Griffin and Snyder in a thinly veiled attempt to distract attention away from his own failures and those of his genius son.

Great OC? Kyle is average.

A great OC but lousy head coach is Norv.

Look at what he got out of Brian Hoyer and now Jason Campbell in Cleveland, guys off the junk pile.

In Washington he got a 3500 yard season out of John Friesz in 1994 with a poor OL and retread receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.