• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Post Game Quotes: M. Shanahan

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
December 8, 2013
FedExField

Executive Vice President/Head Coach Mike Shanahan

On the game:
“First of all, I want to talk about some of the things that were floating around this morning. It’s not the right time or place to talk about my relationship with [Redskins Owner] Dan Snyder, or it’s not the right time and place to talk about something that happened a year ago. I will get a chance to talk to Dan at the end of the season, and I will give him some viewpoints from me, and I’m sure he will give me his thoughts. I’m not sure what direction we will go, but we will communicate that at the right time. I take full responsibility for this game today. I didn’t have the players ready to play. I thought they were ready to play. We did, obviously, horrendous on special teams. We gave up big play after big play. We didn’t tackle like we normally tackle on defense. Offensively, we did a couple of good things, [but] couldn’t get anything going in the second half. I will put that all on me.”

On the reports:
“Like I said, there is only one focus I have now. Anytime you are 3-9 or 3-10, there will constantly be things brought up time after time. There is one thing I will talk about, and that will be the Atlanta Falcons or we will talk about the remaining three games. So, I’m not going to go down that road, because I understand what happens when you are having the type of season we are having.”

On if he’s worried about his job because of the loss today:
“My focus is going to be on Atlanta. I’m not going to get away from that. We’ve got a lot of work to do. We did a poor job of getting them ready today. I will get them ready next week. We’ve got to play at a much higher level to have a chance to beat a good football team, and that is totally on my shoulders.”

On if he is only going to talk about what he wants:
“If you would like to word it that way. I don’t like to word it that way. I’d like to talk about the job at hand, and not speculation or my relationship. I’d like to focus on the job at hand.”

On his relationship with Redskins Owner Daniel M. Snyder:
“Like I said, we’ll talk about football or Atlanta. I’m not going to get into details about my relationship with Dan or about the reports that circled this morning.”

On if he has been through a season like this:
“No, I haven’t. Not with a football team that did what we did the year before. We’ve been fairly healthy until the last couple weeks. We’ve lost a couple of guys in the last few weeks. Before that, I thought we were fairly healthy.”

On his frustrations with this season:
“It’s frustrating. It’s frustrating not to be able to pull some games. I told you, I’ve got to do a better job of getting these guys ready to play. Today was one of our poor games. Some big plays on special teams and they have great returners, but they made us look pretty poor today. Field position was off the charts.”

On if he wants to remain the coach:
“Like I said, you can keep on talking about this, but I think I made my point. Any questions about football?”

On how he prepares for next week:
“Well, I told them I did a poor job of getting them ready. I thought they were ready to play. Anytime you do that, you say, 'Hey, it’s my responsibility to get you ready for Atlanta.’ I apologized to them for not getting them ready to play, because it’s my job to get us to play at a higher level than we played today. I thought in the second half, we came out initially, did some excellent things on defense, but we couldn’t get things going on offense. Collectively, we have to play much better than we did.”

On what he does to prove he hasn’t lost the team:
“I think what you have to do is take a look at each game, over the next three games, and see how we play. I can’t say anything about today because that speaks for itself. All we have to do is think about Atlanta, our football team in general, our coaching staff and do the best job we can to get them ready to play there.”

On if he would agree that critics have a reason to question if he’s lost the team:
“I take full responsibility of that. People are going to say what they are going to say, especially when you are 3-10. They have the right to say and critique. My job is to get these guys to play better. Hopefully, I do.”

On the decision to play quarterback Kirk Cousins:
“I told Robert [Griffin III] if they scored on the play before, I thought that the game was out of reach. And once I thought the game was out of reach, I was going to put Kirk in there.”

On if quarterback Robert Griffin III will start next week:
“We’ll talk about all that later. That’s with anybody. In any position, we’ll talk about that. We’ll look at injuries, we’ll look at where we are and what direction we’re going.”

On if he can summarize the loss:
“I already told you I take full responsibility for it. I don’t need to go any further. If you’d like to talk more about the running game and [running back] Alfred Morris carrying the ball, we can do that, but I think I’ve made my point.”

20-38 Green Bay
16-31 Dallas
21-45 Denver
6-27 SF

Falling behind 7-26 and 0-21 to the Eagles.

Looks like this team being unprepared is the rule rather than the exception.

Looked like a team that started off 36 million dollars behind everyone else.

Just can't buy that argument any longer...$36 million would not fix what is wrong with this team.

There's a lot of truth to that. I guess the next question would be how much of the fault for that $36 million hit falls on Shanahan and Bruce? 20%? 50%?

There's a lot of truth to that. I guess the next question would be how much of the fault for that $36 million hit falls on Shanahan and Bruce? 20%? 50%?

If you go into a restaurant bathroom and there's no toilet paper, how much are you at fault? About 15% because you didn't look before you sat down.

In Mike and Bruce's case, Vinny and Dan had all ready crapped all over the seat(roster) before they even walked into the stall......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.