• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

ESPN: Shanahan was ready to quit in '12

Not trying to be a dick, but can you be more specific? I'm interested in why that is the conclusion so many are drawing.

"Mike do you want to remain as coach of the Washington Redskins?"

"I'd like questions on football."

He wouldn't even respond. He's done. Then he set the microphone down and walked off.

He refused to talk about anything about Snyder, made his usual excuses, and left.

Shanny did not deny the reports of him planning to leave last season. He said he would sit down after the season and he had things to say to Dan and he's sure Dan had things to say to him and they would go from there (paraphrased). Shanny needs to tell him he needs to butt out and leave him and Bruce in charge. I think of Dan realizes he could be right and retains him we could recover from this, if Dan gets pissed off and fires him we might end up with Pepper Rodgers coaching us.

Said he wasn't going to comment on the game (it spoke for itself) or anything to do with his relationship with Snyder. Thought he had the team ready and that the 49ers game was the bottom of the barrel. "It’s not the right time or place to talk about my relationship with Daniel Snyder."

The problem was, that was his answer to just about every question. Seriously, why can't a reporter just ask "Shanny, what the **** happened out there?

The team basically quit on him and whomever else.

Nick

You think Mike takes Kyle with him, or maybe Kyle jumps at a chance to become HC here ?

I believe they are all gone.

And would look for a hard push at Jay Gruden to assemble a staff. BB had some good suggestions too.

But only AFTER the players quit n him!

I don't think this is a chicken/egg scenario, but a culmination of things. Lack of talent (both coaching and playing) and an attitude where certain players have the owner's ear and can make changes when he should just sit back and watch. If Snyder would just but his ass out of the FO and coaching (and we shitcan Haslett and go back to a 4-3 Defense... oh, and shitcan 80% of the Offensive line) the team may actually make real noise.

Nick

You think Mike takes Kyle with him, or maybe Kyle jumps at a chance to become HC here ?
No way in hell. Not after seeing Snyder up close and personal. Besides, Mike's his Dad. No way that works. For my $$ I'd bet he ends up in Houston as Kubiak's replacement.

At this point I'm wondering if Shanny and Co. even finish out the season. We might end up with an interim HC to close out this miserable load of crap season. If Snyder pulls a Norv part deux on Shanny we may never get another decent HC as long as he owns the team.

I believe they are all gone.

And would look for a hard push at Jay Gruden to assemble a staff. BB had some good suggestions too.

i don't think anyone with any buzz around them in the NFL will want any part of this. This is gonna be like the search that ended with Zorn. We were turned down by everyone. Look for that agian.

Not trying to be pedantic here, but his PC was that brief? Almost no answers and then left?

Can't forget the ST coach Nick.

351 return yards against us today.

Not trying to be pedantic here, but his PC was that brief? Almost no answers and then left?

It was pretty short. The reporters wanted to talk about the Snyder thing and he wanted questions about football and when he didnt get them he left.

Yes. He made his normal excuses about poor play. We had a great week in practice, etc.....his normal bs.

Then they started to grill him. He said it wasn't the right time to answer any of it.

Was asked if he wanted to stay. He stared at the reporter like...."What the f do you think?"

He refused to answer, then left.

We saw this in 2000 with Norv. Media campaign by coach and owner to lay blame for the fiasco.

This time there is the dynamic of Griffin vs. Shanahan thrown in the mix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.