• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

ESPN: Shanahan was ready to quit in '12

Why would you possibly want Shanahan back?

Who hired this ST coach?

I don't think we have a chance to get anyone better. Hell Vinny might even come back. That thought alone makes me want to keep Shanny.

I don't think we have a chance to get anyone better. Hell Vinny might even come back. That thought alone makes me want to keep Shanny.

"Because Vinny was worse" isn't a ringing endorsement.

And I do see some merit in keeping RG3 in the same system, etc....but he's only one player on the team.

I'm not sure we can trust Shanahan's ability to evaluate and hire good assistants.

We're on our third WR coach in four years. He obviously has no idea what in the hell a good WR coach looks like.

Ditto for our DC, ST coach and Slowik.

He simply doesn't know what a good coach looks like.

Last edited:
I just think with Snyder calling the shots the chances of us getting anything better are slim to none and slim left town. I think the staff needs some changes, but not a new head coach. The O will be ok with time and a few players. Burns needs to go, and I'm not sure about Haslett. He is coaching with a deficit of talent, but doing it very poorly, I wouldn't be upset if he was replaced. Kyle I think is a good coordinator.

With Snyder owning this team, I'm convinced we are doomed. Nothing can change that.

HOF, who picks their replacements though? Shanahan?

With Snyder owning this team, I'm convinced we are doomed. Nothing can change that.

Boone, not carrying a pitchfork here, but what would make Dan sell the team? I'm being serious.

I was praying that Bon Jovi would put in a bid.

Maybe just a 100% boycott of attending games?

HOF, who picks their replacements though? Shanahan?

I would rather have Shanny picking their replacements than Snyder picking a new coach. I guess my bottom line is Snyder is at the root of most of why this team always ends up in drama. The less he is controlling the better I like things.

I would rather have Shanny picking their replacements than Snyder picking a new coach. I guess my bottom line is Snyder is at the root of most of why this team always ends up in drama. The less he is controlling the better I like things.

But he's already proven in Denver, and now here that he's clearly not capable of doing it.

It's like trying to teach a fish how to ride a bicycle.

But he's already proven in Denver, and now here that he's clearly not capable of doing it.

It's like trying to teach a fish how to ride a bicycle.

You can say the same thing about Snyder. The only thing is there is NO way to get rid of him. I'd rather have Shannahan try to work through t than Snyder try to figure it out.

Welp, that's a wrap guys. We have our answer. Shanny is done. The team has quit on him and it appears he's setting the stage to walk off into the proverbial sunset. Unfortunately for us, we have a toxic owner. I'm at a point where I think it really matters little who's running the football side of things because Snyder's desire to hobnob with star players or in some way be a part of things will undermine team leadership and chemistry. Thanks Danny for killing a franchise steeped in honor and glory. Al Davis would be so proud that you learned all the lessons he taught you so well. Aside from the fans, I feel really sorry for the players who will ultimately waste their careers here.

Yeah Yusuf, guys like Fletcher deserve better than this. Moss too.

image.jpg

That just sucks.

:anonymous:
Please! Fletcher is a part of the problem by losing a step and not stepping aside.
Step aside for whom? I don't think there were a lot of options outside of hoping he had one more season in the tank and that his knowledge of the game would be enough to keep him reasonably productive in spite of the loss in physical ability. Besides, as I remember it the coaching staff and we as fans were all pushing to get him back for one more season.

That just sucks.
Back to the "good ole days" I guess. *Sigh* Come on, I know it's around here somewhere. Ah, there it is. :anonymous:

Cousins is warming up. Smart to get RG3 out of there.

Gettis is finally in the game. Let's see what he's got.

Cincy just put up another 42 points.

There's our ticket.

After that press conference, the odds of Shanny being here next year are 1 in 500 million.

It was ugly. He basically just quit on the organization.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.