• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Nationals 2014

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Figured I'd start a new one for this season, and start it out with a thumbs up to Rizzo for getting us a legit no. 4 pitcher....
sucks to see Lombo and Krol go, but Fister might just be what we tried to get with Haren last year, could be HUGE.

Winter meetings start in a week or so, could see some more dealin.' Wonder if we are going to go after a bigger bat at 2nd, moving Rendon to 3rd and Zimmerman to 1st.

Now adding McLouth, Rizzo has his eyes on the prize. Wonder whatthis means for Span...

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

I'm not smart enough to discuss the moves, other than to say I like the way the Nationals are run :)

Rizzo and the staff took a ton of heat when they shut strasburg down, but long term player health, as well as team development are always their first priority.

Yeah, I was for the shutdown.

Same reason I was for resting Griffin at the start the season. 1 year just isn't worth risking a player of that level of importance for the franchise.

Yeah, I was for the shutdown.

Same reason I was for resting Griffin at the start the season. 1 year just isn't worth risking a player of that level of importance for the franchise.

Yeah I was behind the staff fully with how they handled Strasburg, and even his push back. There is no question who runs things at Nats park

My boss is a big baseball guy. He's given up on questioning Rizzo. Every time he thinks he's making a huge mistake, Rizzo winds up being right.

Must be nice to have a competent GM that has control over the organization and makes quality decisions more often than not.

Ok, bumping this because there needs to be many more posts in here than say, some idiotic Pirates (or whatever other team) thread. :)

Winter and Spring training is soon, right?

Pitchers and catchers report in a couple weeks... March 1 is 1st televised spring training game

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

pitchers and catchers report on thursday

they picked up ayala on a minor league deal

I'm liking what I'm seeing from them. They're building for the long run and adding vet pieces to compete for jobs.

two days in a row braves lose a guy that may need a second tommy john

i don't know if the nationals did everything right, but the braves probably did something wrong.

two days in a row braves lose a guy that may need a second tommy john

i don't know if the nationals did everything right, but the braves probably did something wrong.

They won't revisit it either... Funny thing is the braves have been in the same place we have for the world series... At home

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

I do not approve of William's move to bench Harper on Saturday.

I get what he was trying to do. I appreciate that. I even respect it.

But it came off as picking on the young kid that has had countless issues in terms of PR - none of which really had anything to do with him (for the most part.)

Harper's been nothing but a model citizen since coming to Washington.

Every issue he's had has been someone trying to 'teach him a lesson' - mostly from umpires but now from his very own manager. I do not approve of that nonsense. Talk about buying into hype; the only way I can justify this crap is that Williams, and the umpires, have bought into the hype so bad that they now feel obligated to leave their 'mark' on Harper.

Yes Williams, the guy given props for running full speed around the bases after hitting a home run, injured for running into the wall twice chasing balls that would be considered not catch-able for majority of pros, is the one that needs a lesson in hustle and not giving up on plays. Give me a break.

I appreciate the lesson, but the public humiliation and subsequent media storm is from a poor judgement call from the manager.

Zero chance he benches Worth, Desmond, or anyone else for this. Only the young Harper.

You better not lose the locker room because of that horse shit. (I don't think he will, and if he does it'll be because of a bunch of reasons, but if he does it'll also come back to this.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.