• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Nationals 2014

I don't know... Harper admitted he should have hustled. I agree with his message and apparently Harp does too.. but I can understand the pushback

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Baseball teams are the least susceptible to "losing the locker room," IMO.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

That's probably true. I'm not much of a baseball person.

And I agree with SilentThreat's post. I'm just pissed about it because it became a big deal - Williams didn't need to publicly announce why he did what he did. I'm not a huge Harper fan (awesome baseball player, seems like a total douche as a person though) but I don't like the piling on that's gone on since he got here and I think this made it significantly worse and the message being sent was not one that justified it.

So Harper's being ridiculed by some national media now.

One even said he "Lacks passion for the game"

This is just one of the side effects of Williams doing what he did, in my opinion. More piling on of Harper that's wrong and unnecessary.

I don't even like Harper, but this is insane. This is the same guy that, as a rookie, was being compared to the greats for his hustle all the time. Now he doesn't have passion for it?

*sigh*

An all star team on the dl... who was fighting. .. I've been out of the loop

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gio, the cameras didn't catch who with, but the reports are Desmond...

I hope this isn't a team full of talent that can't get it together :( Too early to say either way. Can Williams get control?

I think so.. it's been frustrating to this point with injuries and errors

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well done, Nats!!!

Go Get 'em!

9725dad49d3eea245f0f6a706700e32.jpg

And to do it in Atlanta was salt in the wound. Obviously your first choice is to clinch at home so you can celebrate with fans, but my second choice would have to be in Atlanta, all while pushing them further out of the wild card contention.

Jordan Zimmermann with the no-hitter! Great way to end the reg season.

Hoping for a Beltway series for the first time ever! But first up, wanting the Pirates to win tonight because I really don't want our Nationals flying cross country for a series with the G-Men from San Fran.

LETS GO NATS!!!

Oh well. Truth is, we play better against the Giants, I believe. Either way, there is no reason the Nationals shouldn't be able to get to the next level.

Well...as I sit here watching the bottom of the 18th inning, I can't help but think the Nats are going to lose this series in 3 games. This will take all the wind out of their sails.

Well...as I sit here watching the bottom of the 18th inning, I can't help but think the Nats are going to lose this series in 3 games. This will take all the wind out of their sails.

Agreed. All due to bad officiating at the plate. Jordan had that game in the bag & all of a sudden, strikes he had been throwing ALL GAME LONG were now coming up balls. Of course, I also think he was pulled too quickly & should have been given the opportunity to finish his masterpiece. The combination of the 2=loss. And I can't see them going in & winning 3 straight now to stay alive in this series.

I didn't see the first 8 innings, but those first 2 pitches in the top of the 9th with 2 outs were strikes. Both were in the exact same position on the plate I saw that ump call strikes for the next 9 innings for San Fran. Terrible consistency.

I didn't see the first 8 innings, but those first 2 pitches in the top of the 9th with 2 outs were strikes. Both were in the exact same position on the plate I saw that ump call strikes for the next 9 innings for San Fran. Terrible consistency.

Dude, until that inning, those pitches were strikes. All. Night. Long. In fact, if you go back & watch the Pitch Tracker, you'll see that JZ was in the zone & so focused that not one single pitch went down the middle of the plate. Not one. All of his pitches were either on the inside corner or the outside. He painted a whole house on that side of the plate. Then, all of a sudden, 9th Inning rolls in, 1 out to go & now those same exact pitches are now balls? It was ridiculous. How do you see those pitches all night & call them one thing & then at the very end, when the game is about the end & on the line, see it as something different? Terrible officiating. Almost like his pockets were a little fatter after that performance kinda stuff. Not saying that's what it was, but...c'mon man. What the what?

My personal opinion is that they need to start really looking into putting devices in the plates & the balls to track them & remove human error altogether. They can't tell us that the technology isn't there for them to put a chip in a ball that can track it precisely over the plate & in a strike zone that is set by a chip in the plate. No variances then. Same thing they should do with hockey pucks, footballs, soccer balls...these leagues really need to start exploring this option as the human element is incredibly fallible & inconsistent. Quite tired of seeing referees determine the outcomes to games rather than the teams/players themselves.

Still alive! Gio needs to make it happen, and we need the bats to make some noise, to bring it back home!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.