• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Winter Weather Forecast/Thread, 2013-2014

OK BB, I have been looking at the 14 day outlook on several websites...looks like there could be some freezing rain and snow on Super Bowl Sunday! What do ya think?

I must admit...nothing would make me happier!

It's way too early for any definitive forecast. I'm pretty sure that the temps will be cold, but we won't know if moisture will be a factor until this time next week.

OK BB, I have been looking at the 14 day outlook on several websites...looks like there could be some freezing rain and snow on Super Bowl Sunday! What do ya think?

It would be awesome, but it would also favor Seadderall. :(

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

That would make me vomit. Unless it favored Dick Sherman fracturing multiple bones.

Email that I sent to those on my weather list in NJ and PA. I will post the more southern areas in a few minutes.

It’s no secret that a snowstorm is on the way and for the last day or so, I think the local mets have the totals on the lower side for certain areas. Trying to predict where a deformation zone (area of heavier snow) sets up is tricky (think back to the one that had a similar setup in early December). This system is a bit easier to predict as it appears now and the tilt will happen just to the east of Philadelphia and this should put many parts of South and Central New Jersey in that zone. Here are the projected totals as our weather teams sees it:

West of Philadelphia, Lehigh Valley – a general 7 to 12 inches of snow.
Philadelphia area – 10 to 14 inches.
South Jersey, Central Jersey – 12 to 15 inches.
Jersey Shore Points – 6 to 12 inches (more to the north and less to the south).

Timing – late morning to early Wednesday morning. Heaviest snow coming late afternoon/early evening and through the overnight hours.

Frigid temperatures – dropping to single digits in most areas.

Strong winds – wind chill factors could drop well below zero and there is a possibility of blizzard warnings for a period of time later this evening and into the early morning hours of Wednesday.

Travel is not recommended beyond the early afternoon hours. Stay home if possible.

Email that I sent to friends who live throughout the mid Atlantic.

By now you know that a snowstorm is on the way and it will have an impact over much of the mid Atlantic. This system has plenty of moisture and more than enough cold air. Here are the projected totals as our weather teams sees it:

Washington, DC to Baltimore corridor – a general 7 to 11 inches of snow.
Northern Virginia – 6 to 10 inches.
Central Virginia – 4 to 7 inches.
Southern Virginia – 3 to 6 inches.
Hampton Roads region – 3 to 5 inches.
Coastal North Carolina – 1 to 3 inches (more to the west, less on the Outer Banks).
Central North Carolina – 1 to 2 inches with 3 inches possible in a few spots.

Timing – early morning to early Wednesday morning in the northern forecast region. Late afternoon to early morning hours on Wednesday to the south. Heaviest snow coming late afternoon/early evening and lasting until the midnight timeframe.

Frigid temperatures – dropping to single digits and teens in most areas.

Strong winds – wind chill factors could drop well below zero and into the single digits.

Travel is not recommended beyond the early afternoon hours. Stay home if possible.

Quick question, I don't know if you can answer it or not. This storm we've got coming in my area tomorrow night looks to me like it might pull in some bay effect snow for the VB/Norfolk area on the back end, but there's been no mention of it. But north winds up to 40 mph, and a lot of moisture in the air makes me think it's a no-brainer. Am I wrong in thinking this? It just makes me think VB and Norfolk might get a few inches in stead of the 1 inch they're forecasting for us.

How much snow you want? I watched WTKR, WAVY, and WVEC this morning. They all reporting something little different. If average the totals they forecast we should see 3.5 inches. I figure when get up tomorrow morning I will know.

WVEC said some slow moving bands could produce locally more snow.

Biggest question is do I make snow cream this time or wait for another snow? Always heard don't make it on first snow, but no guarantee we will get another.

Nobody, you know in this area an inch will cause as much havoc as 4 inches. I heard earlier the grocery stores are crazy.

It's currently dropping about 3 degrees an hour the last two. Down to 65º right now, may reach the 40's by morning.

Pray for me.

Hah nobody - 3 inches would shut that place down for a week ;)

lots and lots o snow
yay!

It's currently dropping about 3 degrees an hour the last two. Down to 65º right now, may reach the 40's by morning.

Pray for me.

Contemplating driving down there, hanging out until this shit weather passes, bitch slapping you, then driving back up.

It's a frigid 49 degrees here... Brrrrrr!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Hah nobody - 3 inches would shut that place down for a week ;)

lots and lots o snow
yay!
It needs to be shut down for a week, it keeps the miserable people around here away from me. As they are likely saying about the miserable people like me :laugh:

Contemplating driving down there, hanging out until this shit weather passes, bitch slapping you, then driving back up.

Bring it, mano. Just be sure to come back again next November when it's still 90º and humid.

Bring it, mano. Just be sure to come back again next November when it's still 90º and humid.

Or August when your skin is melting off?

Ok, we are starting to get a couple of small ideas as to what could happen.

First, it will be cold - more than cold enough for any precip that falls to be in the frozen variety.

Second, the forecast this far out is always tricky and you need to keep that in mind. Any predictions for SB Sunday itself could see said forecast verify a day or two ahead of schedule or a day or two after.

Third, longer range models are showing a decent chance at a major east coast storm (MECS). Historical (HECS)? Possibly, but not as likely. I'll continue to take a look at it each day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.