• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Enough About Effort

Bulldog

The Legend
Reaction score
This is 100 percent effort? Losing to the Eagles 26-7 and 17-0 in consecutive games at the half?

Give me a break. The Eagles are 4-5 against the rest of the NFL this season and lost to the Cowboys and Giants within the division.

This is a flawed team, we can acknowledge that, but the Eagles are just as flawed. Their defense can't cover anyone and as with Alfred Morris, McCoy gets most of his yards on his own.

The one difference I saw was that Kelly came out and allowed Foles to get into the game with some shorter, high percentage throws whereas Shanahan had a shaky Griffin throwing deep off play action.

How about some possession throws to Reed and Garçon to supplement Morris?

I suppose you can talk about the 'effort' of the coaches in prepping for this game over 10 days.

Seems like we got out coached.

outcoached by a rookie coach, twice..........can't blame that on the salary cap penalty

I don't like the "rookie" label. Kelly has coaching acumen oozing from his pores. He is a first year NFL head coach, but football is football, and when put in the proper situations, any good coach can move from level to level and be effective. A lot of the failures of guys coming from college doesn't have anything to do with their coaching ability or football acumen, but rather the way they carry themselves. Dealing with a college kid is a lot different than dealing with NFL guys. See: Saban, Nick. He didn't get any dumber when he moved up, he just bumped into a different kind of clientele.

As far as the OP, Reed was lost pretty early in the game, which didn't help us out. Griffin's safety blanket went away when that happened.

Our offense had chances, and we failed to execute. An aspect of that can be pinned on coaching, for sure. But, it's also an issue of a lack of flexibility within our personnel. Quite honestly put, we're not very talented offensively outside of Griffin, Williams, Morris, Reed and Garcon. I love Santana, and he's still solid, but he's not the same Santana.

Too many balls were overthrown, too many opportunities were missed. I like the way Kyle called the game, to be honest. I didn't like the way we executed. It was poor.

Defensively is a different animal. We were, once again, out coached, out schemed and out performed. We lack talent across the board and imagination with our scheme. When we used creativity, such as Kerrigan at DE, stunting inside and clamping the tackle while taking the guard's block, Rak exploded by and got a sack.

I don't think it's anything to do with "effort" persay. I think it's more a lack of scheme (defensively), execution (offense/defense/specs) and personnel (offense, defense [staff included], and specs [staff included]).

In defense of the defense (sorry) they did hold one of the hottest teams in football to 7 points in the second half. The fact that the offense didn't have any execution til the 3rd quarter cant fall on them. There have been a lot of defensive shortcomings this season, but this game does not fall on them.

I think this is more of the same, we've got a team that can show promise for a half of football. I don't know if these guys have packed it in and given up, but if that was the case, I gotta believe that the second half would have been a lot uglier then it was. This game I have to tip my hat to Haz. He made the adjustments at halftime needed to keep us in the game. Some will say the Eagles took their foot off the gas, but the defense still made a stop with 5 min to go, and put the ball in the offenses hand with enough time on the clock to tie the game.

I agree but Shanahan did draft Jenkins in Round 2 and LeRibeus in Round 3.

Jenkins has failed to develop into an impact player while LeRibeus has been inactive most of the season.

We needed these higher picks to step up.

I'd like our first five picks be spent on linemen this spring.

I don't feel confident in their ability to draft lineman.
Let's look at the lineman, we've drafted since Shanahan has been here

Trent Williams
Erik Cook
Selvish Capers
Maurice Hurt
Josh LeRibeus
Adam Gettis
Tom Compton

Only Trent Williams has done anything whatsoever.
2 of them are no longer with the team.
While the remaining 3 have not been been able to crack the starting line-up over the past 2 years, on the worst OL in the league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.