• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Day Thread @ Eagles

Games against SF and KC coming up. Good luck trying to win playing 10 or 20 minutes of a 60 minute game.

We've said for years the refs have it out for us, this is not surprising..................

We lack confidence on both sides of the ball, when you add in the other deficiencies of this team to that.......you get 3-7

Skins-Eagles Wrap

Personally I think Kevin Sheehan is the smartest media person to talk football in the DC area.

2. RG3. It started with a throw that was 20 yards off the mark to a wide-open Logan Paulson on the opening drive and it didn't get much better from there until the 4th quarter. That miss to Paulson was one of the worst throws you'll see from an NFL quarterback and it killed a potential tone-setting opening drive. Overall, he threw high, he threw short, and he had several balls batted down at the line of scrimmage. After the 3rd and 1 incomplete pass to Paulson early in the 4th quarter that was badly underthrown I thought he should be benched for performance. One more, Aldrick Robinson was open on that 1st down throw to the end zone on that final drive.

3. The offensive play calling. It's LOL funny to hear people complain today about the play calling in the first half saying there was "no balance" when the same people have been begging for exactly that, "no balance". Today however, those complaints were valid. Kyle seemed intent on proving to a certain part of this fan base and media group that you can't run the ball over and over again and win. If that was his point, he proved it. 28 runs and 7 throws in the first half would've been fine if they had scored but it's too hard to score up here as Coach Joe would say without making plays in the passing game. Yes, there were some early opportunities with the miss to Paulson and a drop by Moss but there should've been more play action throws on early downs. After the first-drive miss to Paulson on a first-down play action throw, the Redskins ran the ball on 10 of their next 12 first downs in the first half.

Apparently I'm not the only one that thought Kyle's play calling was a giant FU. If that's the mentality of the coaching staff already then we're in for a rough finish to the season.

I think you're missing the larger point Mike. If we're at that state already, then the decision about this coaching staff has already been made and they know it. It's obviously just pure speculation, but I can't imagine a different legitimate reason for Kyle calling 28 runs to 7 passes in the first half other than someone told him to run the ball more. It feels like going for it on 4th down because you've had your play calling duties reduced to 4th downs...

We'll see. But I even said it in chat. It felt like a giant FU to prove the "abandoned the run" crowd that it doesn't matter how good Morris is, you can't just hand the ball off every down and expect to be a competitive football team.

Griff was more than just off. He turned in his worst performance for the year, when we needed him most. From start to finish he made bad decisions and even worse throws.

Maybe I am glad I missed this game..
What game? It was more of a practical joke than a game. For 3 full quarters, everything sucked. Here's a quick summary....

1st quarter
Redskins:Griffin throws to a wide open (insert player here) and it's 20 yards over his head. Who was that one thrown to? Morris is hit 3 yards in the backfield, then runs off tackle dragging 5 Eagles defenders for a gain of 9.

Eagles: Nick Foles is shaky, but when Riley Cooper is left uncovered on every single play, of course he's gonna make every reception a 25 yard gain. Luckily for them, this Redskins defense is still uncapable of covering.

2nd quarter
Redskins: Josh Morgan was terrible at punt returns, so here comes Nick Williams from the practice squad.....oops, he fumbled, and man was he lucky to scramble his way back to cover that ball up. Wow, Helu is great on 3rd down, look at that huge run. Wow, Morris drags anyone you pile on him, no way you can expect one or two guys to tackle him. Wow, Griffin isn't throwing a lot, but when he does it's ugly. Jordan Reed is an emerging legend already.

Eagles: Chip Kelly is looking like a genius right now. 4th down? Easy pickup. Pass play? Another 20 yard play, they lead the league this year in 20 yard plays and the Redskins are helping them add to that total at will. Man, this Redskins defense can't tackle either. Look at this Eagles defense, they have gone back to the fundementals, they know how to tackle, wrap the guy up.

3rd quarter
Redskins: Sav Rocca can't punt for ****, what another ugly punt. I tell ya, Griffin sure looks like garbage today. What he doesn't overthrow gets batted down at the line. Griffin has zero situational awareness. He needs to work on his ability to sense pressure, he's getting killed out there. Wow, this Redskins defense can't seem to do anything right.

Eagles: The Eagles seem to be firing on all cylinders. Here's Celek with a huge gain. Here's McCoy with a huge gain after coming back from that hamstring injury earlier today. here's Riley Cooper with another huge gain. Here is Nick Foles continuing to outrun RG3. This Eagles defense is playing perfect ball today.

4th quarter
Redskins: Oh, RG3 has decided to mix it up a bit by throwing in the dirt to wide open receivers now. Hey look, he's really pulling out his bag of tricks, now he's throwing 10 yards over the head and out of bounds to wide open receivers. Oh wait, the Redskins just got lucky and scored. Oh sweet, a 2pt conversion. They still won't do anything. Look at that, a defensive stop. Wait, another TD and 2 pt conversion? Oh my god, another defensive stop and the ball back with over 3 minutes and a chance to send it to overtime? Oh ****, we have to start at our own 4 yard line because Nick Williams was too scared to field the punt, so he stepped way off and watched it take an Eagles roll. So much for the comeback. What? Griffin is completing passes now? Oh wow, midfield again, didn't we see you at some other point today? Oh hey, Eagles territory. Oh my god, everything is going great and working in our favor, we might actually pull this off. Damn, he overthrew a wide open Moss. Damn, he overthrew a wide open Robinson in the endzone. Griffin, with no need for desperation, throws a floater almost straight up in the air with a hang time of 11 minutes and 42 seconds that lands happily in the hands of the Eagles, who decided to take the 4th quarter off to end the game.

Eagles: We're heading to the locker room for about 14 minutes and 38 seconds, let us know when there's under half a minute left so we can come sit down and watch Griffin kill it.

Put it this way, Cousins should have come out to start the second half, if not sooner. Griffin played worse than I have ever seen any quarterback play in my entire life. Even if everything else was firing on all cylinders, he would have single-handedly given this game to the Eagles. The thing that pissed me off the most was when he was on facebook minutes after the game talking about how he refuses to give up. That last play is only made by someone who has given up. We still had another down, he should've taken the sack.

What kills me is the Eagles are not a very good team. That's how bad we are.

@MikeJonesWaPo
Josh Morgan wouldn't stop for interview. "Coach said I can't talk. Coach said I can't play football and I can't talk."

He's beasting and the passing game sucks.

You can't win when you can't be balanced.

This is what happens when you run every down. You get nice stats, but eventually they stop you; typically when it matters. First two downs were runs, stopped for 0 yards, putting us in 3rd and 10 and we get sacked.

No doubt, balance or at the VERY least hit the passes when they're called, something these cats cannot accomplish. Hard to put just one finger on this team but at the moment feels like they deserve the middle one.

IT'S PICKACHU!!!!!

When Garcon was headed to the media room a Redskins official was overheard speaking into his walkie-talkie "If he goes off, intervene"

Chris Russell was told by Josh Morgan (last week) that Keith Burns coaches them to make their decision on whether or not to catch it based on the rotation of the ball and how it will bounce.

I watched only the last three minutes or so, thankfully apparently. For those that watched it, is it possible Kyle called so many run plays in the first half to cover for Griff? Maybe he/they know something is off with him?

Sure.

Though I would have thought they'd put Cousins in if that was the case.

I watched only the last three minutes or so, thankfully apparently. For those that watched it, is it possible Kyle called so many run plays in the first half to cover for Griff? Maybe he/they know something is off with him?
No, because he even started getting cute and stupid with the the types of runs he was calling. Like triple fake triple reverses.

Skins-Eagles Wrap

Personally I think Kevin Sheehan is the smartest media person to talk football in the DC area.

Apparently I'm not the only one that thought Kyle's play calling was a giant FU. If that's the mentality of the coaching staff already then we're in for a rough finish to the season.

Sounds like the drops were killers. Isn't that the same argument the pro-passing side likes to use? "Well if so and so hadn't dropped that pass, we'd all be talking about how brilliant Kyle's playcalling was running 3 times in the first half." You can't say "but there were some key drops" and just dimiss that, when you're saying the same thing when the playcalling is reversed.

Also, I find it hard to take someone seriously that can't spell the players' names correctly. Its PaulsEn, not Paulson.

Sounds like the drops were killers. Isn't that the same argument the pro-passing side likes to use? "Well if so and so hadn't dropped that pass, we'd all be talking about how brilliant Kyle's playcalling was running 3 times in the first half." You can't say "but there were some key drops" and just dimiss that, when you're saying the same thing when the playcalling is reversed.

Also, I find it hard to take someone seriously that can't spell the players' names correctly. Its PaulsEn, not Paulson.

There were crucial drops, but awful throws were a bigger issue. The drops came at crucial moments.

And I think the people that have said play calling isn't the problem are keeping a very consistent argument. That is: It's not the plays being called, it's the lack of execution, you have to be balanced (no more than 60% one way or the other, provided the game is close) you can't just pass you can't just run, if you run on every down they stop you in the long term (and we scored 0 points playing like that), and that, in general, criticising playcalling is kind of a joke because hindsight is 50/50 (thanks for that spurrier )

I mean... the argument from the abandon the run crowd after this game, where the ran the ball the entire game and scored 0 points, is that they were the wrong kinds of runs.

If you don't respect Kevin Sheehan's opinion on things then I don't know what to tell you. You using some misspellings in his blog post suggests to me that you don't even know who he is.

There were crucial drops, but awful throws were a bigger issue. The drops came at crucial moments.

And I think the people that have said play calling isn't the problem are keeping a very consistent argument. That is: It's not the plays being called, it's the lack of execution, you have to be balanced (no more than 60% one way or the other, provided the game is close) you can't just pass you can't just run, if you run on every down they stop you in the long term (and we scored 0 points playing like that), and that, in general, criticising playcalling is kind of a joke because hindsight is 50/50 (thanks for that spurrier )

I mean... the argument from the abandon the run crowd after this game, where the ran the ball the entire game and scored 0 points, is that they were the wrong kinds of runs.

Again, I didn't watch. I'm not making an argument either way. I just noticed Sheehan using the same arguments that were being made the other way, arguing for more passing. The biggest lesson here is that we can't catch the damn ball, and our offense is terrible. Doesn't matter what the playcalling is.

If you don't respect Kevin Sheehan's opinion on things then I don't know what to tell you. You using some misspellings in his blog post suggests to me that you don't even know who he is.

I didn't say I don't respect his opinion, just hard to respect his opinion when he can't spell the players' names right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.