• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon - The Eagles-Visiting Philly...again.

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
Eagles fans. What can I say?

Doing this Recon was like walking through a cow pasture-plenty of green grass but you have to watch where you step.

Mostly Eagles fans are confident but with some fans expressing concern, or even predicting a Redskins win-with a lot of mention of the home loss streak the Eagles have.

Eagles4Lyfe

Yup were at home, mark another loss down.

BDawk4Prez

Can wee request for the game to be played in Washington?

dba042681

Skins 30
Eagles 24

Hopdevil

Statistically these two are like looking into a mirror of each other but that doesn't reflect what we've been seeing with our D lately. Because of that Birds 31 Skins 20. Closer game then that score shows.

Birdgang24

37 Eagles
21 Skins

I have a feeling Chip wont let his foot of the gas this time around

jonnyeagles12

Eagles 34
Redskins 30

dilluminati

I look at the total offense, total defense, position ranking at NFL.com, divide total yards by points, etc... and then take into account intangibles
This is a playoff game for the Redskins, this game at this point defines their season, so I expect some forced throws from RGIII and some runs.
However in the red-zone I think both teams run up some FG's.

dba042681 Is a loser

Billly curse is over

time2rock

I predict a close game.

yllihP

Eagles 35

Deadskins 14

Eagles D picks RGKnee off 3 times, one for a pick six.

RastaPasta

I think the Eagles are a much improved team. But I have a bad feeling. Home-loss streak increases to 11. Defense continues to give up a lot of yards, but stops having success in the Redzone.

Redskins 38
Eagles 27

reign99

I'm going gang busters on this ****.

38-17 Eagles, with the final seven scored by Washington in garbage time. Defense blows everyone away...:p

Come on Eagles let's break the streak.

Jay90

Eagles 31
Skins 24

At least this next guy's honest about how reliable his prediction is liable to be. :cool3:

vic92353

Eagles 31

Deadskins 17 and RG111 gets a little banged up again. He be fine though. And the LOTTO numbers are 7- 7 - 7 - 9 - 3 - 1 - 1. :)

AllPredatorcall

Eagles 41
Red Skins 24
Foles 4 TDs (ties 20 td mark)
Note this is my 66th post.. The best Eagles LB of all time also wore # 66 ... This must be a sign.. I guarantee a win for the Eagles

Berkshire_Eagle

Eagles win this one big ...first home win in a dominant one. Foles is playing lights out and our defense is much better than in the beginning of the year. Eagles 41-17

bobeph

Eagles win by at least 10.

stang8118

Redskins 10
Eagles 28

drewg22

Defense has a slight regression this week but offense will carry us to the win.

Eagles 31
Skins 27

dilluminati

RGIII has not been that great this year through the air
http://espn.go.com/n...ert-griffin-iii

At this pivot week of the season I expect him to run. Probably the only opposing QB I will not cheer an injury is RGIII. Have some Foreskin fans under the roof at home and I can say that I like his attitude as he is "genuine" as a person.

I don't think Shanahan and his imp (kyle) did RGIII right last season allowing him to conclude that injury the way that went down on a muddy field.

They have a run game similar to Greenbay, hope we win early and that next season RGIII gets back on track. I hope he uisn't going to be similar to McNabb who never really got his footwork and legwork back after his knee injury, I stick with my prediction, we win by 10

WestPaEaglesNest

Washington 31
Philly 17

D-Shiznit

24 - 17 Washington Football team

We are at home so automatic loss.

I ran across a few posts like this using a substitute word or phrase for the Redskins name, but most of them semed due to general "Redskins hate" and not a sincere positional stance.

dba042681

dilluminati, on 14 November 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

dba042681 Is a loser

Billly curse is over

Ok. I'll be here all of game day. Come talk to me then.

I predict yet another let down at a deathly quiet Linc with the usual smattering of boo birds. Redskins romp to get back in the thick of things in the division while the Eagles and Foles face more uncertainty about the direction of the franchise.

RG 3 turns in a 2010 Vick vs Redskins -like performance with two passing TDs and two rushing TDs proving that he is fully recovered from the knee injury. The skins defense adds a safety to make their score 30.

The Eagles get two rushing TDs from McCoy and one passing TD from Foles in garbage time. Henery goes 1 for 3 on field goal attempts with the two misses coming from outside 40 yards.

blkhonda1991

28-24 birds, i feel its going to be a close one down to the wire with us scoring the go ahead td with little time left

Coleman42

I got a feeling this one will be close!

Eagles 21
Redskins 17

Foles leads a fourth quarter comeback and he finally gets some national attention.

OR

Eagles 17
Skins 21
RGIII leads a fourth quarter comeback and is all over ESPN once again....

Don Corleone

Eagles 33
Redskins 20

Both Shady and DJax crack the 1000 yard mark

dba042681

Skins 30
Eagles 24

The20thK

Facts:
Washington has given up 30 pts or more in 4 of their last 5 games.
Philly hasn't given up more than 21 pts in a game since Denver spanked us 7 games ago.

Washington has scored scored more than 30 pts in 4 of their last 5 games.
Philly has avg 23 ppg in that same time span.

Washington's Offense is no joke. They will come to put it on us. Their offense hasn't been the problem. They will be the biggest test our defense has faced since Denver. Over their last 5 games, they have avg 28+ppg which would be good enough for 4th best this season.

Fortunately, Their defense has given up an avg 36+ppg over that same time period. Which puts them dead last in the league in points given up.

Now I understand that Philly today is different than Philly 3 weeks ago. But in the interest of fairness, If you use the Eagles last 5 games they are outmatched offensively only having scored 23 ppg to Washington's 28 ppg. So the big difference really comes in the defenses. Philly giving up 17 ppg over the last 5 games and Washington giving up that staggering 36 ppg.

This is of course not even factoring in Foles' groin or concussion. But just the Eagles as a unit... one that runs MUCH better with a healthy Foles than with anyone else.

All of this points to a dominating Eagles victory. We would have to collapse on both sides of the ball in order to lose... possible? Yes. Likely? Not really.

BDawk4Prez

Kiss of death.

The20thK

Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
Kiss of death.

lol I was thinking the same thing as I wrote it.... I am going to be blamed if we lose.... But dont worry I am eating nachos and making my dog wear a McNabb jersey... and that has worked the last two weeks.

John S

Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
lol I was thinking the same thing as I wrote it.... I am going to be blamed if we lose.... But dont worry I am eating nachos and making my dog wear a McNabb jersey... and that has worked the last two weeks.

Apparently, you have forgotten, they are 0-4 at home and have lost 10 in a row at home. This year they have lost to a bad Dallas team and to a really bad Giants team at home.

Teehar

Home win less streak will be broken!Ugly defensive struggle,Eagles 10 Redskins 6!

monkeyboy

This is the game that is going to define our season. Simple as that. Eagles win they win the division, they lose they aren't winning the division.

2-ONE-5

disagree. Dallas still has the tiebreaker on us right now so winning this game doesnt mean we will take the div nor does losing it mean we will lose it since we play Dallas again.

They are soooo confused. Maybe we can confuse them even more Sunday with a Skins win. :)

More...

I think the Redskins offense will have a field day against the Eagles defense.

But the awful truth is that Foles and Co. can put up 40 on us and still win the game 40-38.

The Redskins have a LOT of troubling stopping McCoy and Jackson. These guys have always seemed to torch Washington.

I'm ashamed to admit I picked up Cooper specifically for this game in fantasy. And because of that, he'll likely aggravate his knee on the first series and miss the entire game!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

edit: transposing my post over here since this is where the conversation is :)

Well, certainly glad to see the Philly fans aren't letting the ridiculous praise from the national media go to their heads.

Philadelphia Eagles 2013 Schedule - Eagles Home and Away - ESPN

I mean seriously, the only team they've beaten that isn't among worst in the NFL (or playing with a 3rd string QB) is us, and honestly we were among worst in the NFL through the first 4/5 weeks. Some would argue we still are. And they almost blew that one late.

I mean for crying out loud they nearly got shut out by dallas.

Maybe I'm wrong, and everyone else is right, and Philly has found their franchise QB and they're now in gear but I just don't see it. Beating up on the Raiders and beating a GB team with a 3rd string QB that looked great just couldn't finish drives doesn't do much for me.

McCoy is the key to the game. If he averages anywhere near the 5.9 per carry he did in Sept they will control the ball and the Redskins will lose.

Foles is on a nice run but Oakland is a simply horrible team whose wins came against the quarterback-less Jaguars and Bills.

McCoy is the key to the game. If he averages anywhere near the 5.9 per carry he did in Sept they will control the ball and the Redskins will lose.

Foles is on a nice run but Oakland is a simply horrible team whose wins came against the quarterback-less Jaguars and Bills.

McCoy always seems to kill us, unfortunately.

Foles 0 turnovers so far is also something that could snap this week...law of averages and all that.

but do we have someone athletic enough to stay with him?

this 3-4 defense does not have outstanding speed in the back seven. linebackers do not get to the ball quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.