• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Does Matt Flynn's demise de-value Cousins ?

Yeah, Schaub has been a disappointment pretty much since he got here, and it became more and more clear that he was not the QB to take them all the way the longer he's been in Houston.

Matt Schaub NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

yeah...those 3 out of 7 years where he threw for over 4000 yards and 20TDs must be such the disappointment. I'm sure that fans in Cleveland and several other cities feel sorry for them.

Schaub always struck me as more of a bus driver than a franchise-quality QB. I didn't put him on my list of flops because he's fine. But he's not exactly a top-quality QB either in my opinion. Sorta like Brad Johnson or Matt Hasselbeck or a guy like that.

Not sure I'd call him a dissappointment exactly, but if Houston fans were expecting an elite QB I guess he would be. Shrug.

I think Schaub is a really nice example of what we can expect with the Cousins situation, and probably what our potential trading partner can expect as well. He will never be confused with dominant, but he had some nice stretches of very strong play. Personally, I always attributed that to the pieces around him, but there is definitely something to be said for not screwing it up either. And outside of this year, he never did that, I don't think.

I don't see many trades yielding a franchise, dominant QB anymore. If Cousins can come in and have a Schaub-like career elsewhere, God bless him.

I don't think Schaub is a bust by any stretch. He has been a good QB for Houston who was, for all but the last 2 and a half years, in the same division with best regular season QB of all time. Just a couple of years ago Houston came within a play of beating Baltimore, in Baltimore, in the 2nd round of the playoffs w/o Schaub and pretty much everyone agreed that game would have ended differently with Schaub starting. They also pretty much agree that Houston had a better chance of beating New England the next week than Baltimore did and Baltimore came within one play of winning it.

Is Schaub in the same catagory as Manning, Brees, Brady and Rogers? No. Was he worth 2 second round picks to Houston for the last several years of play? Yeah, I think so.

Well, living in Houston, pretty much the consensus from folks is that Schaub is not a QB who is going to lead them to a superbowl. Kind of like Romo in Dallas - he puts up GREAT numbers, but can't get it done in crunch time. Schaub had one of the more dominant OLs and RB in the league for the past few years, and make no mistake, they carried the offense. He also has Andre Johnson, who basically you just throw the ball within a 5ft halo, and he's probably going to catch it. Those two pieces hide a LOT of QB deficiency.

An ailing Foster meant Schaub was on the hook to do it all himself this year...and we have seen what has happened.

Schaub hasn't hurt the Cousins' market nearly as much as someone like Kevin Kolb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.