• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Make Roster Moves

WR is a position we've ignored for almost 20 years. Hankerson is our best prospect we've had in terms of actually getting on the field and doing stuff, and he's just starting to do that (the jury is still out, though he looks like he's improving even if it is slower than we want)

It's what happens when you have bad draft after bad draft and in addition to that you constantly miss in free agency.

I mean seriously. Fred Davis is inactive because he sleeps through meetings and Brian Orakpo is at best above average. We spent 4 picks in the first two rounds that year (Thomas and Kelly) and what did we get out of it? An above average LB (that is playing out of place) that may wind up being a solid guy in the long term.

We forget how completely dysfunctional this organization was. It takes time to recover from that level of ineptitude.

this is why I've been screaming that we need to give Shanny a whole offseason with a whole cap. Had we not been handicapped last year, it's rumored we would have made a play for Vincent Jackson or Eddie Royal. Had we landed one of those two we could be having a completely different conversation. Our WRs aren't great, but the position is getting better. You could argue with Jordan Reed that the receiving corps as a whole has improved each of the last 2 years, so while it hasn't made a super huge splash, it is getting better.

I think Robinson is gone after this year. They like him as a deep threat but you have to bring something more to the table. You have to be able to do something other than run a basic go route and try to out run your defender. If that's all you can do they just put a safety over you and keep you from ever getting open.

They've tried multiple times to use him underneath for things and he either doesn't get open or doesn't catch the ball.

He's been targeted 11 times and caught 4 of them for a total of 92 yards and 1 TD.

He just isn't good enough to be anything other than a random 5th string guy that catches a ball because the defense forgot to put a guy over the top.

Mike gave Ashley Lelie 4 years, and that's pretty much all he ever was (deep threat).

Robinson is an exclusive-rights FA, anyone know what that means? Right of first refusal or something after making a qualifying offer? Or do we get a draft pick if someone signs him? I think they'll keep him around on the cheap, because if nothing else he stretches the defense. Probably depends on if Shanahan & co. think that was a catch against Detroit or not, lol.

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENT (ERFA): A player whose contract has expired and has three or fewer tenured years in the league. His original team must make a contract offer by the league imposed deadline or the player becomes an unrestricted free agent. No compensation is awarded for losing EFAs.

compared to

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT (UFA): A player whose contract has expired and has four or more tenured years in the league. He may sign with any other team with no restrictions. If a team loses more UFAs than it signs, they will be awarded "Compensatory Draft Picks" from the league. The value of the pick is determined by the difference of the contracts signed by the players lost and those acquired. If a team has signed an equal number or more UFAs than it has lost, no "Compensatory Picks" will be awarded.

So basically he can't be counted on the contracts for lost free agents for compensatory picks.

League minimum for Robinson, I would think. Not sure if he qualifies for the full veteran minimum or not, but I don't think he's worth much more than that. Maybe some other team will think so though; if so, he's gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.