• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Shanahan responds to Haynesworth

SkinsFTW

The Free Agent Vet
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Transcript: Mike Shanahan Finally Blasts Back At Albert Haynesworth « CBS DC

The following is a transcript of his response to Haynesworth:

“Let’s put it this way. I think I’ve been a head coach and an assistant coach for about 40 years, and when you look back on those days and you take a look at the people that you get along with or people that – for one reason or another – that you may not get along with, Albert was one of the few guys that…

Let me start this over again because I want to be pretty specific on this since you asked me that question…

The only people I really haven’t gotten along with since I’ve been a coach – as head coach, an assistant coach – is someone that’s lazy and number two, when somebody is lazy and they may lack character, or they’re lazy and they lack passion for the game, those are the only people I haven’t gotten along with as a head coach or as an assistant coach. And so that’s what you’re looking for.

When I take a look through my years at people that have been lazy or have lacked passion for their job, they don’t go into the next year. When they do, they don’t last the next year.

So the people that I look at that come back and complain or do some of those things that you do when you don’t get along with somebody as a head coach or an assistant coach, it usually falls into one of those couple areas: lazy, lack of passion, and a lot of times, a lack of character. And he fits all three…

You usually take the high road as much as you can. I usually do, but I thought that he’s been talking quite a bit over the last couple years, so I thought at least I’d be honest with you guys and kind of tell you how I feel.”

Does the apply to McCrapp too?

McChubby and Goo Butt were different. McChubby did go out there and play hard, but didn't want to change his style. Goo Butt wanted to collect large checks and go out on the field and lay down, literally. No, I don't like how McChubby refused to make some adjustments, but I can't say he was flat out lazy and didn't care. Goo Butt took laziness and lack of character to a new level. I'm still shocked that we got a fifth rounder for him.

In an article about Jerry Jones trying to get the signing bonus back from Jay Ratliff, the author said that Jones felt Ratliff 'pulled a Haynesworth' on the Cowboys by taking the money and refusing to play.

That's his legacy in the NFL, becoming a watchword for low character.

In an article about Jerry Jones trying to get the signing bonus back from Jay Ratliff, the author said that Jones felt Ratliff 'pulled a Haynesworth' on the Cowboys by taking the money and refusing to play.

That's his legacy in the NFL, becoming a watchword for low character.

Good. A guy like Haynesworth gets what he deserves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.