• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

We've been discovered

The level of true "professionalism" in journalism has taken a turn for the worse in the last two decades, brother. Don't kid yourself, you could teach a great many of those drawing a paycheck in that industry a thing or to about being professional.

Yeah, I remember the whole thing. An ugly business and best put behind us.

Frankly, I'm surprised he still cares. :)

Last edited:
I've been meaning to talk to you about your "whiny and humorless" ways.

As one of the last remaining coverage guys over at ES, I can honestly say that, at least from my point of view, this place is not the enemy or competition or anything along those lines. Personally, I was thrilled to hear that guys like John and Mark were starting up BGO. If for no other reason than to have another way to keep up with them and a place to enjoy intelligent football conversation.

ES reached a point a while ago where the vocal majority is content to stand up on a desk and yell their opinion. There's no back and forth. There's no sense of community (unless you count the pockets of fans rallying together to bash Jason Campbell or call for someone else to be fired/benched/etc.) It's just a lot of white noise.

While a few of the remaining stragglers continue to try and come up with ways to try and get the place to be like the good old days, it's nice to have a place like BGO to see level-headed folks have reasonable discussions. I don't post a ton here, but I do like to swing by and read the opinions of people who I genuinely respect.

Cheers.

I wasn't aware of any of the City Paper stuff. Seems a little silly of a guy who wants to be taken seriously as a journalist to act like that. That's probably why he's working at the City Paper, because no legitimate newspaper would put up with that kind of behavior. Nothing else in DC sports was worth writing about other than the goings on at a couple of websites? Ok.....way to dig up a story there news hound.

Maybe he's been drinking the same stuff Vinny has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.