• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WPC: Crimes against reality

Pappas

http://www.warpathconfidential.com/?p=1926

Crimes against reality

By John Pappas
Warpath Confidential Editor

Vinny Cerrato should stop doing interviews. He should also quit his radio show. In fact, it would be better for him if he did not speak in public entirely.

He doesn’t help himself or the organization when he does.

Cerrato answered media questions for a little over five minutes Tuesday. Nothing was learned, unless you take Cerrato’s answers at face value. In that case you wonder if he should stick with the radio show, and give up his job as the vice president of football operations for the Washington Redskins.

Cerrato was asked if he is surprised by the lack of production by the backups on the offensive line. A simple enough question given Washington ranks 24th offensively, 20th in passing, 25th in rushing, and 26th in scoring. Campbell has been sacked 20 times, good for third in the league.

Yet Cerrato needed help from the media in understanding the question.

“Are you talking about all the sacks and stuff,” Cerrato asked.

“I’m talking about everything.”

“Such as,” Cerrato asked.

“Not being able to run the ball consistently, poor pass protection, many players today said you guys didn’t address the line, you knew there was a problem and you didn’t address it, people around the league have said it’s one of the worst lines in the league, all that.”

“Who is people around the league,” Cerrato wanted to know.

Click the link to read the entire article...

Kinda doing the old Vinnie Barbarino

"What?"

"Where?"

"What?"

danny has driven him insane

There is just no humanly possible way for Cerrato to not be fired after this season. If he isn't, I will have to question my faith in humanity, and start rooting for the Ravens. His complete lack of...well, anything, just shines through every time he talks. He has no charisma, no intelligence, he can't even fake it. God I hate this guy.

What a buffoon.

Think about it. None of the leaders of the Redskins are capable of making conversation without stepping on their.....ties. Zorn, Cerrato, Snyder. Did any of them ever read a book or write a letter? It's pitiful.

Last edited:
Vinny is lost....

He thinks adding Mike Williams to the team was addressing the offensive line in the offseason.

To quote Ochocinco: Child, Please!

I thought that Williams shouldn't have even made the final 53 and I'm pretty sure most of the guys covering the Redskins would have agreed with me.

Frankly, Williams is Jon Jansen. Decent run blocker, can't pass block to save his life. And the Skins knew about Samuels medical history. They also had little faith in Heyer and knew he had injury issues as well.

Yet, the only O tackle with any experience that they kept was a guy who just had to lose over 100 lbs. to get on the field and hasn't played since 2006 and was pretty much a bust.

Brilliant.

Yet BMW is probably our second best o-lineman. What a train wreck.

Here was my comments on Williams from 8/24/2009

http://walkingdeadmanblog.blogspot.com/2009/08/mike-williams-experiment-should-be-over.html

I've been rooting for the amazing return of Mike Williams ever since he was signed with the Skins. His tale of weight loss and his comeback have been inspirational, however I think people really need to look at the reality of the story and not the fairy-talesque nature of the story that was being sold to everybody.

Here's the deal: Right now the Redskins only have two offensive tackles that have shown enough to play on the field during game day; Chris Samuels and Stephon Heyer. Outside of that, the pickings so to speak are very thin. Chad Rinehart and Jeremy Bridges seem to be better suited to play guard. The other tackles on the squad haven't been talked about much but are generally inexperienced at best and not going to be on this team come cuts.

Then there's Mike Williams. You know that he wants to be there because of the effort he made to lose weight. The coaches have stated that he's improved daily and has the right attitude but there have been some major bumps in the road. First, Williams has really struggled in camp against speedier DEs (Chris Wilson just to throw a name out there) in pass protection based on what I've read/heard. Second, Williams has been pretty injury prone. Here's a list off the top of my head: cramps, strained abdominal muscle, groin pull/strain, sprained ankle. It's hard to judge whether or not Williams could be a serious asset because he can't get on the field. He played in the Ravens game (word is he did well) but had to leave because of the ab. strain. He was unable to play in the Steelers game.

That leaves only two games left to go. He will probably have limited time in the game against the Patriots because the starters will go a minimum of the 1st have and could go into the third quarter if Coach Zorn feels it's needed. That leaves just the game against the Jaguars to determine if Williams can be useful in 2009. Not a lot of time for the Skins to evaluate if Williams should stay here or if they need to look elsewhere.

Frankly, the way I look at it, the Redskins have about 8 guys already that will make the roster on the line right now. The 5 starters and probably C/G Will Montgomery, G/T Jeremy Bridges (I'd say mostly a guard and a emergency tackle) and G Chad Rinehart (heir to the starting right guard spot). That means if the Skins keep 9 (which they probably will) O-linemen, the Skins must find a player who could be a solid RT/LT......let's face it, you can't convince me that Chris Samuels and Stephon Heyer (mostly Heyer) will remain healthy the entire year.

That mean that out of Batiste, Riley, Clark and Williams the Skins need to find a reliable tackle who could start if required but mostly be a solid performer in spot duty. I'm not sure that guy is currently on the roster. I know Williams has been a great story for the Redskins and Larry Michael to tell but I think that for what the Redskins need, Williams isn't the happy ending to the 2009 Redskins O-line story.

Orakpo was obviously the BPA at #13 but for Vinny to say Michael Oher wasn't worthy of that pick is ludicrous. Anytime someone brings up the O-Line, he gets defensive so it's obvious he knows he screwed up by not addressing it other that the wasted pick of Rinehart and a couple of so-so retread free agents over the past two years.

Vinny needs to go. The sooner the better.

I think Serv's picture belongs in this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.