• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Posting in PA?

I kind of like the PA. I learn a lot there. All of us are able to be more respectful of one another, Lord knows I get in cranky moods at times too. Its easy to use the PA as an outlet for letting off steam and sounding off on a topic you are passionate about. I hope we can keep it and all try a little harder to keep it in perspective. I promise to do my part fwiw.

I don't envy the mods one bit. I know there are probably 4 or 5 of us who could go back and look at some of the things we've posted, and want to kick our own asses over it. We get carried away, and we have a hard time letting **** go when we feel pushed. It's certainly a lousy excuse for our behavior since we're adults, but we still do it.

The thing that makes this all more difficult, is the fact that sometimes someone takes offense where none was intended. It's part of the problem of tone not translating well online. We all wag our dicks around, it's a man thing. But I think if we could make an effort to consciously look at what we're responding to and see if it could possibly be that it wasn't intended as offensive, demeaning, condescending, etc. we should try and give the person the benefit of the doubt, regardless of who it is and how much we might not get along. Or maybe we could even try proofreading our own responses before hitting the post button.

We're all guilty of jumping into the fray on more than one occasion, and there is no excuse for it. We aren't kids, but we keep acting like it anyway. Just drop the bull****, all things can be worked out.

Anyone not buying it, I urge you to think back to a few years ago and look at how me and Mike treated each other. Compare that to how we treat each other now, it's a night and day difference. And trust me, if we can get past our differences, anybody can if they make a serious effort. The PA was essentially created because of the fights we had on here. It was the stuff of legends. We got worse when the uncensored PA opened, because then it became a no holds barred cage match. That eventually paved the way for the toned down PA. I think back to how I acted with him in the past, and I'm embarrassed at myself over it. I honestly can't even remember what the hell started it, that's how petty it was. But I thought I hated him. i **** all over him every chance I got, and he returned the favor because I deserved it. there has never been anything that has even approached the level of the fights we had, not even in the same zipcode. But we moved past it. I never would've believed it then, but I respect the **** out of the guy now. Someone I thought I hated, and it turns out he's a pretty damn decent guy, and I was an asshole for not giving myself a chance to see it sooner. We haven't had even a minor disagreement in well over a year, and we've even had normal conversations through PM, even if it is to vent frustrations about certain posters a lot of times :laugh:

My point is, we're all capable of getting along and treating each other better than we do, and I can speak on that from experience. We don't all have to be friends, but we do need to grow the **** up and play nice, this **** has gotten ridiculous. None of us are innocent. Chances are, if you post regularly in the PA, you've pissed people off. If it reopens, we need to remember that even if we think we hate each other, it isn't always true. People can still get along when they don't see eye to eye, you just have to be willing to make an effort. I think anyway who isn't willing to at all should be shown the door. If I'm one of those up for consideration to be cut loose, so be it. I would definitely miss this place, but I would have nobody to blame but myself, because in the end I am the only one responsible for my actions.

Basically, grow the **** up. Your dicks are all bigger than everyone elses, you're all better looking than everyone else, you're all smarter than everyone else, and you all wish you could cook like me :D

The PA is needed for at least one reason...

Some political garbage is starting to infiltrate the football forum. Yuck.

That's why I decided to just hang out in the arcade until the dust clears. Nothing goes wrong in the arcade. Unless you're Goal thinking your scores will stand :laugh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.