• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Posting in PA?

Snydershrugged

The Franchise Player
Reaction score
Hi, I just tried to post in the PA and found I wasnt able to. Is this by design or is it a glitch I should report?

Thanks!

We need a timeout from it. It gives us a chance to focus on football imho. :)

Yeah, it's been goofy over the last few days. I think a break is not a bad thing.

Just in time for the Skins 13 game win streak. :)

Burn that mother****er to the ground. It went from annoying sibling to the crazy Uncle's house to full retard in a few days.

Ax got it in one. It's fate is indeed under review as are the postings of several members. The later will be straightened out this morning. There is no time line on the former...yet.

sorry folks, I havent been paying attention to the PA much and didnt realize there was trouble. Didnt mean to stir up muck.

I'll miss it if it goes. It's a shame 3-4 people ruin it for the rest.

I'll miss it but won't at the same time. We had a solid group of people that argued about everything. We'd butt heads, raise hell, then move on to the next debate. Then something changed, and it went preschool playground fight. We all saw it and pointed it out, and we all knew this would be the result.

The other option is to toss the 5 or 6 who don't care what the expectations are and leave the forum open.

Be a shame to lose them all completely. If they can't be just thrown out of the PA, then I'd rather lose the PA.

Not all of the offenders are useless.

If I am one to be booted out of the PA to make it work better, then that is ok by me.

I've been through it now and handed out Infractions as I saw fit.

I'm leaving the forum closed for now though to allow for some cooling off. I will look at re-opening it tomorrow. Maybe.

A couple of you should take a long, hard look at your posting style in there though and consider a change in that style if you wish to retain privileges there, and perhaps to the site in general. As John has noted somewhere else, we have only issued one perma-ban ever in the history of this site. We genuinely want this place to be different from other sites, not just in the tone of our conversations but in how we arrive at that tone. In short, we want the membership to do it on it's own rather than have it enforced by kicking folks out who don't get it.

All voices are welcome. How you speak with them is what makes the difference.

Please consider these words carefully. Remember that this place has to be fun for we, the owners and staff too. None of us enjoy correcting folks, giving out Infractions or banning anyone.

Does this mean we can't say **** anymore?

I'm gonna need a box to put all these infractions in :lipsrsealed2:

I say we sell the PA to the Cowboys.

I've been through it now and handed out Infractions as I saw fit.

I'm leaving the forum closed for now though to allow for some cooling off. I will look at re-opening it tomorrow. Maybe.

A couple of you should take a long, hard look at your posting style in there though and consider a change in that style if you wish to retain privileges there, and perhaps to the site in general. As John has noted somewhere else, we have only issued one perma-ban ever in the history of this site. We genuinely want this place to be different from other sites, not just in the tone of our conversations but in how we arrive at that tone. In short, we want the membership to do it on it's own rather than have it enforced by kicking folks out who don't get it.

All voices are welcome. How you speak with them is what makes the difference.

Please consider these words carefully. Remember that this place has to be fun for we, the owners and staff too. None of us enjoy correcting folks, giving out Infractions or banning anyone.

I know you siad this before, but I cant recall. Where do you see if you have gotten any infractions again?

I don't think you're the problem, Ken.

I don't think I have been part of the solution either. When I see something posted that I firmly disagree with, I may ignore it or respond. Getting out of "lecturing to you and you must see it my way" mode is so difficult. Need to work on it and try harder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.