• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WaPo: Redskins Ban Signs at FedEx

The Burgundy Ghost

The Starter
Reaction score
Military Branch
Navy
Alma Mater
Salisbury
I would like to say right now that I am beyond infuriated with the Redskins FO right at this moment. I am embarassed as a fan and as a STH.

I am so mad right now at Daniel Snyder that he is almost making me want to see the Redskins lose......this is pathetic.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dc..._banned_at_fedex_field.html?wprss=dcsportsbog

Do you see this sign? I fished this sign out of a garbage can outside FedEx Field. It was in the garbage can because there's a new policy that says no signs of any sort are permitted inside the stadium. Even signs sending best wishes to husbands in Afghanistan.

When and why was this change made? I asked Monday morning, and as of Monday evening, a Redskins spokesman said he still wasn't sure. I just know that there was a policy listed on the team's Web site as recently as Oct. 4 that merely banned inappropriate and offensive signs, or something to that effect, and that as of now, that wording is gone.

Click link for rest of the story........

Last edited:
There seems to be no story there. If true Snyder really cut his own throat on that. Kind of the ultimate in foolery.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm furious at all of this. I could probably write a thousand words on the subject's absurdity, but for the most part, I'm too angry to put together any sort of coherent argument. Between the signs, the T-shirts(one of which I own and wore to the game two weeks ago), the tailgating interviews, and the reports of the lawsuits earlier this year, it's getting to the point where I am embarrassed to admit that I'm a Skins fan in public.

Is it sad to say I think I'd rather have Al Davis as owner? :anonymous:

Welcome aboard!

I wonder if this bodes ill for a certain message board that most of us used to haunt as well?

Welcome aboard, SabreAce. Tough times for Redskins fans to meet ... but it's a good thing Al Gore gave us the interwebz so we can. Strength in numbers and all that. I hear you on the 'rather have Al Davis' thing, but I'm not sure you really mean that.

There are limits ... ;)

[media]http://sports.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/al-davis-raiders-fire-kiffin.jpg[/media]

If the Redskins are trying to do do everything in their power to turn fans away, they're doing a very good job.

This is turning into one of those train wrecks that you can't turn away from because you never know what's going to happen next.

Davis may be old and crazy, and he might be a poor manager, but he's not tyrannical when it comes to the fans. Plus, morbid as this may be, he wouldn't be around as long as we'll be stuck with Snyder.

I prefer the term "practical" to "morbid", Sarge.

Last edited:
Nice piece, Spence.

This one is gaining traction ... the team once again managed to completely shoot themselves in the foot. If for no other reason than the timing---a bye week coming off a week of national ridicule and national TV loss exposing the on-field as well as off-field product as barely professional---the Redskins show time and again they are utterly clueless as to how their actions will play in the public arena.

They either just don't care, or someone who's supposed to be managing the message in Ashburn isn't doing their job any better than anyone else in the organization. Doesn't matter what "the policy" has been ... to force the issue NOW seems to border on lunacy.

I suggest we start a thread with pictures from past seasons (hell, from earlier this year) of fans at FedEx showing signs. I think I've seen any number of them on Redskins.com, for instance, teasing "show up early and be loud" pre-game articles.

You just can't make this **** up.

lettherebenoise-1.png

Last edited:
Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs, markin' up the scenery, obstructing the obstructed views...........

Sarge with the lyrics adapted from The Five Man Electrical Band...closet hippie. :D

Check my blog below, but basically, the Redskins really are screwing up PR wise.

I haven't seen a PR blunder like this in a long time. Just awful.

What is next...fans must buy certain $ level of concessions? Ban fans? Insitute an uniform of the day so fans know what they can wear?

EatSleepRedskins is right, this going to be a PR nightmare.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.