• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Philip Daniels

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score
After last night's game Daniels was quoted as saying the team was not using him enough on the field and he didn't come all the way back from rehab to sit on the bench.

Daniels, 36, is working with a torn biceps muscle and has been largely ineffective this season, even before the injury.

Here is the perfect example of a player the Redskins should just release.

He is using the occasion of the adversity hitting the club to set his own personal agenda.

The club needs to develop Orakpo, Jarmon and Alexander at DE and start to see what we can expect from them in 2010.

If Daniels is not on board with being a platoon player at his age and with his injury, again, I think it is time to give him his unconditional release.

Renaldo Wynn can take his place and be the rotation end on the left side.

Daniels at this point is just a distraction. If the Redskins are going to finish 3-13 or 4-12 what is the rationale to playing a 36 year old DE that is done after this year anyway?

And that's forgetting for a moment that he is out there trying to play with ONE arm.

In a way, I like that Daniels wants to be on the field so badly, even when the team is sucking.

Should it happen? Probably not given the season is lost. You need to give your young guys reps and Phil on one arm is a bit of a liability.

we most definitely need to put Orakpo on the line. There is no excuse now why we dont do that. He is a DE and NOT a LB. plain and simple.

I think it's because Vinnie is afraid a hole will open up in the ground beneath him and swallow him whole if he ever drafts a lineman in the first round, so even when he DOES draft a lineman, they can't play him on the line.

I think that (crazy as it sounds) we should consider trading Andre Carter in the offseason, provided he continues his production (I think he has 6.5 sacks already). We may be able to grab a 3rd rounder for him and could then slip Orakpo at RDE with Jarmon at LDE, assuming Daniels is cut.

That way, we actually attempt to trade a player when they still have value and can use it to help us work on the O-line through the draft.

Carter's value at a then age of 31 won't be that high because teams realize he only had 4 sacks last year before AH arrived in town and the Redskins drafted Orakpo.

Andre is benefiting from having these other players on the defense and that is too obvious.

If he had his 10.5 sack season last year and showed consistency in 2009 to reach double digits and he was a bit younger, I think you would have some takers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.