• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Awesome game for the Redskins

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
Skins played very well in many facets of the game. Especially defense.
This Cowboy team just put up 48 points last week, with over 500 yards passing from Romo.
This week, the defense only was responsible for 10 points, and held Romo to only 170 yards, and held Bryant to only 36 yards.
The Skins outplayed the Cowboys in virtually every statistical area :

Passing
Rushing
Total Yards
Time of Possession
3rd Down Efficiency
....you name it.

Yes, we dominated them.

21 of Dallas' points should be blamed on the combination of the 2 Special Teams plays, plus the Offense's fumble inside their own 5.
That leaves our much-criticized defense, going against a very high-octane offense - and allowing only 10 points.
But fortunately for our O-line, there are no stats to show how bad the pass protection was, with Griff running for his life on almost every play, and almost immediately after dropping back each time. And that was going against a D-Line full of 2nd Stringers.

But basically, what cost us the game was mistakes :

Dropped passes
Key Turnovers
Huge Penalties
and some AWFUL Special Teams.

The Bye Week did not seem to help this team. It actually looked like it hurt the team.
Instead of being crisp and efficient, they came out sloppy when it counted.
But overall, I see improvement. Griff looked a lot more mobile. Morris got better as the game wore on, the way a RB should. And maybe NOT having a bye week this time, will cause the team to look more efficient next week.
And as mentioned before, we outplayed the Cowboys in virtually every statistical area. Except for mistakes. Plus they made big plays and we didn't. Turnovers and big plays. It really IS true what the analysts say about those 2 aspects.

Last edited:
Losing, and awesome, just doesn't go together. But, I know what you're saying.

Special teams, and Oline play cost us the game. With coaching, or lack thereof, being the prominent issue, for both units.

The defense played better than anyone could have expected. Shame it was wasted.

Oh, and wherever the Brokebackboys got the holding exemption for their Olinemen, we need to get us one.

We won statistically, but not where it counted. I didn't understand why we didn't run Morris more, especially against a depleted Cowboy DL. Our OL made those guys look like All Pro's.

Griffin ran and moved better, but he was very inaccurate last night.

I think this morning someone should tell Keith Burns to hit the road.

Losing, and awesome, just doesn't go together. But, I know what you're saying.

Special teams, and Oline play cost us the game. With coaching, or lack thereof, being the prominent issue, for both units.

The defense played better than anyone could have expected. Shame it was wasted.

Oh, and wherever the Brokebackboys got the holding exemption for their Olinemen, we need to get us one.

I'll add that I'm pretty sure Danny is rich enough to buy off the refs too, just like Jerrah evidently did. He could at least make it a level playing field.

And I know, I know, we didn't lose because of the refs, but damn they sure sucked last night.

Skins played very well in many facets of the game. Especially defense.
This Cowboy team just put up 48 points last week, with over 500 yards passing from Romo.
This week, the defense only was responsible for 10 points, and held Romo to only 170 yards, and held Bryant to only 36 yards.
The Skins outplayed the Cowboys in virtually every statistical area :

Passing
Rushing
Total Yards
Time of Possession
3rd Down Efficiency
....you name it.

Yes, we dominated them.

21 of Dallas' points should be blamed on the combination of the 2 Special Teams plays, plus the Offense's fumble inside their own 5.
That leaves our much-criticized defense, going against a very high-octane offense - and allowing only 10 points.
But fortunately for our O-line, there are no stats to show how bad the pass protection was, with Griff running for his life on almost every play, and almost immediately after dropping back each time. And that was going against a D-Line full of 2nd Stringers.

But basically, what cost us the game was mistakes :

Dropped passes
Key Turnovers
Huge Penalties
and some AWFUL Special Teams.

The Bye Week did not seem to help this team. It actually looked like it hurt the team.
Instead of being crisp and efficient, they came out sloppy when it counted.
But overall, I see improvement. Griff looked a lot more mobile. Morris got better as the game wore on, the way a RB should. And maybe NOT having a bye week this time, will cause the team to look more efficient next week.
And as mentioned before, we outplayed the Cowboys in virtually every statistical area. Except for mistakes. Plus they made big plays and we didn't. Turnovers and big plays. It really IS true what the analysts say about those 2 aspects.

Nice spin job. But let's dig a little deeper. I was at the game, this game should earn the moniker in the Redskins-Cowboys rivalry as "The Game of Spares". We got out coached in all phases, and we lost to a team that was fielding spares. Rookie at DE after Ware left 2nd qtr, Rookie RB Randle after Murray left 2nd qtr, all the while we virtually shut down Romo, Witten, Bryant and Murray. Their offensive and defensive lines are full of spares, only Hatcher and Tyron worth a darn. Come on man, we got whipped by a bunch of spares and that's on coaching. We took no shots down field first half, and NO shots of any kind to the end zone, the play calling was horrible.

Even I sound like this sometimes but Monday's around here are always fun

The clock management at the end of the first half was the worst I've ever seen at the professional level. Atrocious, and inexcusable. There are some deep, fundamental problems with this team, and I'm really not sure how they can be fixed. Sigh.

The clock management at the end of the first half was the worst I've ever seen at the professional level. Atrocious, and inexcusable. There are some deep, fundamental problems with this team, and I'm really not sure how they can be fixed. Sigh.
Not just the first half, to end the game as well. It has been happening here for the last couple of years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.