• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Cake or Death? - Time to Wake Up

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
I had the weirdest dream the other day. The Skins were just... bad. Really, really bad. Painful at times to watch. Fumbles, turnovers, couldn't sustain drives, Griffin sloppy and ineffective.

Bad, bad dream.

I mean, we lost to this gimmick college offense one game, and it was awful. Another team's starting RB said he sat out because his team didn't need him to win. And they didn't. Ugh.

Whatever. I'm just glad the real season starts today. I have no idea why the NFL reduced the games from 16 to 12 for 2013, but I'm just glad the real games start today. I've been waiting for the Skins to look like they did last year, before Griff's injury, and I'm betting it happens today.

And it couldn't happen against a more appropriate team. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Tony Romo will not lose this game tonight - Robert will win it for us. Romo may make some mistakes, but this is the game Robert reminds everyone why he won rookie of the year over Luck and Wilson, and why until his injury there were a lot of folks saying he was the best long-term prospect of the three (four, if you include Kaepernick).

It starts with Alfred Morris. Morris desperately needs a big game, and he is going to have one tonight. He will take the focus off Griff, and we will start to see some of the deep throws that we all loved so much last year. In my dream, Griff had been looking better and better, and now that he has played his preseason, he won't be perfect, but he will be ready.

Mark it down. A year ago against the Cowboys, Robert Griffin announced his presence with authority on the NFL stage. Today, it will happen again.

Expect a lot of "Oh yeah"s after the game.

HTTR​

More...

Your dream came true - unfortunately. I hated to see such a performance last night, but there are so many question marks now. It's pretty much the whole team. It's like we have to blow it all up again and start from scratch with the few good players that we have on the roster. Unreal.

I think our defense played one their better games. Griffin's fumble and a 90 yard return put the D in bad situations. One of Romo's TD passes was one of his classic "pull one out of his arse" plays.

Our Special Teams and OL really cost us the game last night. A makeshift Cowboy DL overpowered our OL.

Plus I still don't understand the non-fumble when punt his Dallas defender. I thought you were suppose to block a guy into the ball to get a turnover.

On that ninety yard return, Reed Doughty was blocked in the back and then was held all the way to the ground. I just sat in disbelief. The not-a-fumble thing was very bogus. Rak got hauled to the ground a couple of times - again, no call. Chester got called for holding on similar-type plays. Not much else can be said.

Yeah the refs were atrocious last night, I don't even know many Cowbums fans who would argue that.

Last year though, we overcome that noise and win the game. This team just isn't there yet. We're getting there, but haven't arrived yet. We're about a year or two away from that status, imo.

The Redskins are a flawed team. Not strong on the lines. Weak secondary. Special teams in disarray. Poor clock management by the coaches.

At the end of the year we need to purge the roster of Fred Davis, Tyler Polumbus, Josh Wilson, Sav Rocca, Chris Thompson, Aldrick Robinson, Josh Morgan.

If after 2 plus years in the system Josh LeRibeus can't crack the lineup of this interior group he needs to go in the offseason. He came into camp out of shape and hasn't been a factor. We can find better.

We also need to determine what Niles Paul is. To me he is a depth wide receiver who can return kicks and contribute on coverage. He is not a TE.

To pick up on Ryman's theme why can't the Redskins move back to a 4-3 front with Cofield and Bowen inside and Kerrigan, Orakpo as the ends?

Kerrigan at 264 is big enough and strong enough to play a line position. Cofield was a 4-3 DT his first five years in the NFL.

Niles Paul is the kind of guy who sticks around for good teams for years, but really only on special teams. I have no problem with the rest of your list, but I'd consider keeping Niles.

I agree, keep Paul but let's admit what he is - a backup wide receiver and not a tight end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.