• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Zorn not the answer for 'Skins after loss to Eagles

This article is amusing.

Media across the entire country was excoriating Snyder for potentially pulling the plug on Zorn mid-season like he did with Norv.

Now, he is being criticized for keeping Zorn around and letting him finish out the season.

Well, which is it guys?

You can't have it both ways.

Sure you can. You know Zorn will be gone before the end of the season, despite what the danny or his lapdog says. Or is that, despite what the lapdog and his danny says? I can never keep those two straight

You can't put one ounce of the blame on Zorn for this loss. He held a clipboard but he was just taking notes. He didnt call in any plays, he didnt do any of the substituting and he didnt have a part in any of it.

and we still looked the same...

The fact that the offense put up 17 points, could have been 20 if they had kicked the FG or 24 if the snap was good as Thomas was wide open, with a playcaller that has been with the team for 3 weeks and out of the league for a few years says a lot. I dont think the main problem was Zorns play calling, but of Sherman can do that in that short amount of time it says it wasnt helping.

Campbell just plain sucks and the offense plays with no heart. I was happy Portis didnt play much in this game because he plays so soft. We are better off having Betts or even Rock start over Portis because they play hard.

We can put on Zorn the fact both Jaws and Gruden said the team lacked any focus or passion during the week at practice.

Come on, guys. This is the same crap we saw happen with Mr. Gator.

The players said all the right things in the media, but simply failed to show up on Sundays and execute.

We can put on Zorn the fact both Jaws and Gruden said the team lacked any focus or passion during the week at practice.

Come on, guys. This is the same crap we saw happen with Mr. Gator.

The players said all the right things in the media, but simply failed to show up on Sundays and execute.

that's true. The medium thing doesn't work.....and if the players aren't executing, that's on coaching.
I just doen't see making a move unless the team really thinks they can win with Jerry GRay or Danny Smith as the HC.

I doubt it, maybe with Smith b/c he coaches with fire?

Campbell just plain sucks and the offense plays with no heart. I was happy Portis didnt play much in this game because he plays so soft. We are better off having Betts or even Rock start over Portis because they play hard.

I am not a huge Clinton Portis fan and if we could get rid of him in the off-season, I would. With that said, I think you are wrong about CP not playing hard. Last night I was able to get my zoom lens into the game. After reviewing the hundreds of photos I have, Portis was hitting holes hard that collapsed on him quickly. Neither Betts nor Rock can do what he does.

I am not a huge Clinton Portis fan and if we could get rid of him in the off-season, I would. With that said, I think you are wrong about CP not playing hard. Last night I was able to get my zoom lens into the game. After reviewing the hundreds of photos I have, Portis was hitting holes hard that collapsed on him quickly. Neither Betts nor Rock can do what he does.

Well I guess you had a better view than me watching on TV. I have always been a Portis fan but these last couple of games really seemed to me that he was playing soft and without heart.

Since you had a better view I will differ to you on that.

Some blame Zorn, some blame Campbell. I blame BOTH! Zorn is NOT a good Head Coach and Campbell is NOT a good QB, especially in the WCO. I think both guys need to be gone, along with Vinny.

We can't really start the rebuilding process until those three are gone AND Danny is willing to turn his toy over to someone actually qualified to run the show.

There isn't an ounce of leadership in Zorn. That's the issue outside of the front office.

This is our one chance to get some enjoyment out of the season. Little danny has painted himself into a corner. There have already been those in the media that have said they wouldn't blame the danny for making a coaching change the way Zorn has been going. Of course, that was before the lapdog went and said Zorn was here for the season.

So now if the danny makes the change after that pronouncement, he gets BBQ'ed.

If he sticks with Zorn the rest of the season, he get BBQ'ed

It's a small win win

This is our one chance to get some enjoyment out of the season. Little danny has painted himself into a corner. There have already been those in the media that have said they wouldn't blame the danny for making a coaching change the way Zorn has been going. Of course, that was before the lapdog went and said Zorn was here for the season.

So now if the danny makes the change after that pronouncement, he gets BBQ'ed.

If he sticks with Zorn the rest of the season, he get BBQ'ed

It's a small win win

Right now, Sarge, I'll take it. With a rising firestorm in the media and among the fans and Snyder's paranoid reactions and Cerrato's increasingly incoherent attempts to cover the stench with a verbal version of dime-store perfume, it looks as though the corner Danny's been painting himself into is getting smaller and smaller.

Getting a little toasty yet, Danny?:evil:

'You can't put one ounce of the blame for this loss on Zorn.'

Oh yes, you can. While Snyder and Cerrato have faced the media storm this past 2 weeks, let's not lose sight of what we see on the field each Sunday.

Whether a team is talented enough to win 10-12 games is one thing, but HOW they play the game is another.

In a number of games this season the Redskins have come out flat and unemotional.

The Redskins are a team that takes a lot of stupid penalties. Unsportsmanlike conduct, illegal procedure, etc.

These are not mistakes based on being beaten due to a lack of talent but a represent a lack of focus.

And that does reflect back on Zorn.

It also appears that Zorn at times has lost sight of how many timeouts he has and how many minutes/seconds are left on the game clock.

When that happened once or twice to Gibbs we blamed it on his advanced age.

What is Zorn's excuse except disorganization?

Finally, for a team that is challenged to win games due to a talent gap at some spots and injuries at others, still employs a VERY conservative game plan.

On defense, I still don't understand why the team sits back on third downs in coverage allowing opponents to convert at a clip way above the NFL average.

When the opposition is in the red zone this team should be blitzing the hell out of the them and taking chances to get turnovers.

Instead, Blache seems comfortable watching teams bludgeon the team to death slowly over four quarters so the final score, while still a loss, is almost guaranteed to be 20-17 instead of 30-17.

But this comes at the cost of potentially winning additional games by converting turnovers and field position into additional points.

On offense the off tackle runs on first down to the left side have been well-diagnosed and with Chris Samuels out of the lineup aren't going anywhere.

These are now wasted downs.

With this offensive line there is no establishing the run at the beginning of games. The run is going to be set up by any degree of success achieved in the passing game.

But that success in the passing game is likely to come only when Collins starts over Campbell and we start to see accurate passes being thrown and completed off a 3 step drop.

Until then you can expect more of the same. More of Campbell walking off the field looking confused and Zorn shaking his head.

Again, this use of personnel is on Zorn. I think we have enough evidence in now that a change is overdue at the qb position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.