• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Week 7 Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down

PennSkinsfan

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/10/27/redskins-week-7-thumbs-up-thumbs-down.html

Wasn't really pretty now was it?

However, the fortunate thing is, we as Redskins fans really did not expect much more than we got. In fact, many of us expected worse. The Redskins fall to 2-5, lose for the season the one player who consistently generates offense, Chris Cooley, and head to the bye week awaiting possible shakeup changes on the sidelines. Oh the beauty of the 2009 Washington Redskins. How we have been blessed.

The weekly Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down we award not to just the best and worst players of the game, but player we felt made a significant impact. It is all encompassing, more than just stats. We award 2 Thumbs Up and 2 Thumbs Down.

A caveat on the Andre Carter thumbs up: he was out of position on that first DeSean Jackson TD; he slid too far inside and didn't keep contain on the corner.

I will echo the Fred Davis thumbs up. I did not see it as much but some say he was worthless blocking, regardless he stepped into Cooley's role and came away having a good night.

The other 3 are obvious. I said it at the beginning of the season, Haynesworth makes Andre Carter better! For the first time since coming to the Skins, he is not double teamed every down!

Now here are a couple of thumbs up that weren't mentioned so far. Philly did a good job of containing our beast in Orakpo, but the other rookie DE, Jeremy Jarmon, had a pretty good game last night. From what I saw he not only got some pressure up front, but was able to play well against the run.

I know this kid made a poor play by letting the ball hit him in the face mask, but for the 2nd week in a row I watched Devin Thomas get openly regularly only to have Campbell check down having not even given him a look. He could have had 2 TD's and if thrown his way, he could have had at least 4 or 5 more receptions.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.