• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WaPo: Cooley's Ankle or Foot Broken :(

Yusuf06

The Starter
Reaction score
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

We just can't seem to catch a break this year...pun actually not intended. :( Oh well, the team will now get to see what Davis can do. Also, it's a "million dollar" injury of sorts for Cooley as this season was over before it started anyway.

Get well soon Chris!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Well, Davis fit in fairly well as Campbell's new "check down when other receivers are wide open" guy. 8 receptions for 78 yards and a TD. Not bad for a kid that no one was giving a chance.

What drove me crazy as I watched the game was seeing Devin Thomas actually get open often only to have Campbell check down time and time again.

Get well Chris! Please allow this man to heal before he steps back out on the field!!! There is no need to have our best player come back this season if it needs the rest of the year to heal! The season is a loss. It is over for us so let him heal!

Geez, this season just gets better and better. Terrible news for Chris but, for the love of God, even if you're on crutches, teach Fred how to block. He was getting abused.

Cooley is probably going "Please let it be broken. Please let it be broken"

Made the dyed hair look that much more of a stupid, meaningless, look at me on MNF stunt.

Get well 47.

Well, at least we have depth at TE ...

Well, at least we have depth at TE ...

I can't help but wonder if Vinny won't use this as justification to draft another TE in the second round next year...

As if the season could get any worse...arguably our best offensive weapon, and one of the few players still going 110% on every snap goes down for the season.

Bad news for Cooley, but in reality, we aren't going anywhere, so it is a good opportunity for Fred Davis to prove he belongs on the roster.

An update:

link

Cooley's injury may not be so serious

The injury to tight end Chris Cooley may not be as serious as the Redskins previously believed, according to a team source.

Cooley, who chipped a bone at the base of his tibia in the Redskins' Monday night loss to Philadelphia, is expected to have surgery as early as Wednesday. He will be re-evaluated afterward and the most optimistic estimate has him missing a month rather than the six-to-eight weeks Coach Jim Zorn said he expected earlier today.

According to a tweet by Cooley (@thecooleyzone): 3 pins go in the ankle tomorrow. Hopefully be back in 4 weeks. Thanks for all the support.

I'd be highly surprised if he's not done for the year. You aren't going to get pins in your ankle, be out for a month, then get reinserted in the lineup of a collapsing team that's one of the worst in the NFL.

It ain't happening.

See you in 2010 Chris.

Zorn said on SportsNight they believe 4-5 weeks, but frankly I'd like to see Davis and save Cooley for 2010, unless there is some miracle turn around

Cooley and Samuels are done for the year. Chris is almost certainly done for his career.

The irony on the OL is that the Redskins have been forced by injuries and poor performances to re-make their line midway through the season, and almost certainly will have 3 or 4 new starters next season.

Derrick Dockery is the only player now starting that I expect to see back.

Williams and Heyer are not starting caliber. Montgomery is a natural center not RG, and Casey Rabach will be 33 years old and his contract expires at the end of the season.

Does anyone think Randy Thomas at 34 and having missed much of the past 3 years is a good bet to play 16 games here in 2010?

Since we know that Rinehart simply can't play the game at this level, it would seem to indicate that a complete housecleaning will be underway.

I'd be highly surprised if he's not done for the year. You aren't going to get pins in your ankle, be out for a month, then get reinserted in the lineup of a collapsing team that's one of the worst in the NFL.

It ain't happening.

See you in 2010 Chris.
Nah Boone. Looks like it was all in his head. It's just a ahh, you know, a mental thing. He just needs to ahh, get in the right frame of mind and stuff and he'll be ahh, you know, okay and stuff.

Nah Boone. Looks like it was all in his head. It's just a ahh, you know, a mental thing. He just needs to ahh, get in the right frame of mind and stuff and he'll be ahh, you know, okay and stuff.
LMAO!
19.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.