• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Eagles @ Redskins Game Preview

Spence

The Rookie
Reaction score
The Redskins offense has struggled to generate yards, first downs, field goals or touchdowns this year. The offensive line is missing two starters [Chris Samuels, Randy Thomas] for the rest of the season or longer and other starters have been been benched for lack of performance or moved around to cover for injuries. The running game hasn't gotten going all year and protection for QB Jason Campbell has been spotty or worse.

Campbell is struggling to produce big plays, though he still boasts a decent passer rating and usually avoids big mistakes. His receivers don't get open very often because TE Chris Cooley is needed to block, WR Santana Moss is good, but not good enough to beat double teams and the rest of the receiving corps is mediocre [Antwaan Randle El] or awful [Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly] or not allowed on the field for mysterious reasons [Marko Mitchell].
Read it all.

The Redskins offense has struggled to generate yards, first downs, field goals or touchdowns this year. The offensive line is missing two starters [Chris Samuels, Randy Thomas] for the rest of the season or longer and other starters have been been benched for lack of performance or moved around to cover for injuries. The running game hasn't gotten going all year and protection for QB Jason Campbell has been spotty or worse.

Campbell is struggling to produce big plays, though he still boasts a decent passer rating and usually avoids big mistakes. His receivers don't get open very often because TE Chris Cooley is needed to block, WR Santana Moss is good, but not good enough to beat double teams and the rest of the receiving corps is mediocre [Antwaan Randle El] or awful [Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly] or not allowed on the field for mysterious reasons [Marko Mitchell].

The Eagles love to blitz and they are superb at disguising their blitzes. Campbell and backup Todd Collins don't read blitzes very well and are likely to often be surprised by what is coming at them and from where. If the Redskins are not quick at reading and reacting to the Eagles blitz, it could be a very ugly and long night for the Redskins.

An added concern for Washington is the play-calling. Head Coach Jim Zorn was relieved of those duties and Sherm Lewis, who has been with the team less than a month and has not mastered the terminology or personnel, will now call the plays. Relaying the plays in to the quarterback may take too much time and lead to penalties and burned timeouts. It may also be a fiasco in other ways. We won't know how bad things can get until we see it.
...but other than that, we're in great shape offensively! :twitch: OK, where is it? What the heck did I do with that damn thing?

Ah! Here it is.

OK, I'm all ready for the game. :anonymous:

OK, I'm all ready for the game. [media]http://www.bgobsession.com/images/smilies/anonymous.gif[/media]

OK, not this fanatic. If I didn't break out a bag when Shuler was our QB and Westbrook was his primary weapon then I'm sure as hell not doing it now.

I know its getting harder and harder to keep the faith but if they can just get something...ANYTHING...going on Offense then there's hope.

Oh and don't forget we've got our best player coming back this week--Hunter Smith.

Alright, maybe not that funny but not entirely a joke either. I wish our punt return unit had an impactful player as well......

eh, I'll have my **** Philly shirt on and I'll probably throw on my Doug Williams jersey on before the game.......

However, I'll be doing that at home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.