• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Cracks showing in Redskins' new commitment to Jim Zorn?

I feel bad for the players right now. This is like a bad divorce and the kids are caught up in the middle trying to figure out who they are going to live with.

Sadly, Mike, that is an excellent analogy. I wonder if the Snyder/Cerrato dynamic duo are deluded enough to think that anyone actually believes any statements or promises they make?

Off topic, but from SI as well

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/10/25/mmqb/5.html

The Redskins probably are going to have to get a quarterback after the season. Charley Casserly had some good tape Sunday on the CBS pregame show of Jason Campbell ignoring open receivers downfield to consistently throw checkdowns. This echoes what opposing coaches have been saying, and it's certainly part of why McDaniels wouldn't trade Cutler to the Redskins in April; he wanted a quarterback he could trust and one he felt he could win with, and that quarterback was not Campbell.

It's hard to tell on TIVO, but you could see this at times. Sounds like it happens a lot more than we can see

Redskins VP of football operations Vinny Cerrato, two days after saying Zorn will remain in place, told SI.com that he wouldn't guarantee Zorn's job if the team loses its next three games.

"That's not going to happen,'' Cerrato told SI.com. "But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.''

If it's not going to happen then why say it in the first place Vinny?
If you're not keeping Zorn, then why are you wasting our time with BS propaganda anyway.

If Snyder didn't want to give Zorn a vote of confidence, then don't......don't leak it to the media, or find your leaks and fire them (I personally think Snyder's people leaked it on purpose to Jay Glazer).

Again, no accountability with the FO.

"There is no way Jim Zorn will be fired before the end of the season……..unless he is.” Gotcha. This reminds me of something......

----------------------
GUARD #1: Not to leave the room even if you come and get him.
FATHER: No, no. Until I come and get 'im.
GUARD #1: Until you come and get him, we're not to enter the room.
FATHER: No, no, no. You stay in the room and make sure 'e doesn't
leave.
GUARD #1: And you'll come and get him.
FATHER: Right.
GUARD #1: We don't need to do anything, apart from just stop him
entering the room.
FATHER: No, no. Leaving the room.
GUARD #1: Leaving the room, yes.
FATHER: All right?
GUARD #1: Right. Oh, if-if-if, uh, if-if-if, uh, if-if-if we...
FATHER: Yes, what is it?
GUARD #1: Oh, if-if, oh--
FATHER: Look, it's quite simple.
GUARD #1: Uh...
FATHER: You just stay here, and make sure 'e doesn't leave the room.
All right?
FATHER: Right.
GUARD #1: Oh, I remember. Uh, can he leave the room with us?
FATHER: N- No no no. You just keep him in here, and make sure--
GUARD #1: Oh, yes, we'll keep him in here, obviously. But if he had
to leave and we were--
FATHER: No, no, just keep him in here--

Two words..."punch line" and what is worse is that the joke is so bad even my friends down here who are Cowboy fans aren't laughing anymore.

vinnyanddannyaredumbanddumberjpeg1.jpg

Jason Campbell ignoring open receivers downfield to consistently throw checkdowns.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTqk4Du4-wM[/media]

For anyone who missed it.

Pretty sure many of us have been saying Campbell doesn't fit the system for a while now. In fact, I know a number of members here who questioned Campbell's fit in the WCO from the very day Vinny announced the change.

Amazing that so many of us amateurs can see what a supposed professional personnel guy can't...

I give them credit. They made it three days. THese guys have the patience of Job:rolleyes:

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...wing-in-redskins-new-commitment-to-jim-zorn/1

Is the Redskins' commitment that Jim Zorn will finish the season already beginning to show cracks?
I hate to say this Sarge but I'm going to have to stick up for "Dumber" on this one....well, sorta.

In this case, I think it's perhaps a matter of King parsing Cerrato's words a bit too carefully. It seems to me the intent on Cerrato's part was to express confidence that the team wouldn't get crushed in the next three games as King hypothetically suggested.

"That's not going to happen,'' he said. "But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.''

OTOH looking at it again, I may have to re-think the above. I was originally chalking it up to reading too much into Vinny's mushmouth reply. After all, the reply "That's not going to happen'' could refer to either Zorn's firing or to Vinny's belief that the team won't get shellacked over the next three games. Either way though, he then contradicts himself by saying "When we come to it" as though whichever outcome he was referring to is a foregone conclusion with Zorn's possible firing resting in the balance.

So, Freudian slip or overanalysis by the media? I guess it's up to the individual reader to decide. ;)

Don't feel sorry for anyone in this equation except the people putting down money to pay to watch this crap :mad:

the players bad as they are are getting paid.

the coaches clueless as they are are getting paid.

Snyder is bringing in revenue and increasing the value of the franchise year over year.

Only the fan is a loser here.

I feel bad for the players right now. This is like a bad divorce and the kids are caught up in the middle trying to figure out who they are going to live with.

Heard this morning that the players don't have anyone in charge to look to. Gibbs is someone they could look to as being in charge, but Zorn is powerless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.