• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Forbath Questionable for Sunday

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
September 13, 2013
Redskins Park

Executive Vice President/Head Coach Mike Shanahan

On the injury report:
“[Kicker] Kai Forbath is the only person that we’ve got listed as questionable. He’s got a little sore groin. We’ll find out tomorrow.”

On if there is a backup plan if Forbath cannot play at Green Bay:
“Yeah, we’re doing that right now. We’ve got a backup plan.”

On the status of safety Brandon Meriweather:
“Probable.”

On how Forbath came to be listed as questionable:
“Yesterday he said his groin was a little bit sore. He got a little treatment. They didn’t think it was anything, but a little bit more sore today. That’s why we have him listed as questionable.”

On how Forbath will gauge the status of his groin:
“He’ll kick, see how it feels. Only he knows how it really feels. We’ll get some treatment today and kick him tomorrow, see where he’s at.”

On if another kicker could be active to handle kickoffs:
“No. Usually when it’s a groin, it’s a swing, so it doesn’t matter if he’s kicking a 50-yard field goal or an extra point, not a whole lot of difference. You’ve got to feel comfortable with his leg.”

On if John Potter is a candidate to replace Forbath:
“Yes. We just don’t know where he’s at [laughter]. He may be in Hawaii, I don’t know. If you find out though, let me know.”

Paging John Potter, paging John Potter....

I gotta admit, I was pretty shocked when Kai missed that FG Monday Night. Then again, I thought the hold by Rocca seemed a little closer to his body than normal. Maybe it was just me.

Glad to hear Meriweather is gonna play but I didn't even notice him during the Buffalo game so I'm not really expecting much.

Glad to hear Meriweather is gonna play but I didn't even notice him during the Buffalo game so I'm not really expecting much.

Well, earlier in the week, Shanahan DID say BW would definitely play Sunday, after a full practice on Monday. And now they have him listed as "probable" above, which is a clear cut difference from "definitely". So, in other words, same old story......so expect him to be listed as "questionable" tomorrow, and then "doubtful" on Sunday.

Fear, that certainly wouldn't surprise me but I have a feeling he'll suit up Sunday. Whether he'll be effective is another story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.