• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Samuels retiring

Horrible news for the team and the fans but can't say as I blame him. It's a no-brainer to do what's best for Chris. He's gonna be tough to replace.

If I were Chris and had heard vinny on the radio today, I'd retire too

Chris, you've been a class act-a superb pro lineman and a gentleman. You will be missed. I wish you the best.

Yeah...even if there's only a small chance he'll be paralyzed...why risk it on this pathetic franchise? Alas, he will be missed.

If I were Chris and had heard vinny on the radio today, I'd retire too
This was my first thought too. After all if you look at the positives and negatives from Samuels' viewpoint, the list of the latter is waaaaay longer than the former. However hearing your boss' personal sock puppet belittle a serious condition with really serious implications as being merely some sort of psychosomatic issue on your part would have to be the final straw.

Well, with no real offensive tackles on the team now, it looks like our first round draft pick is pretty much decided for us. Tim Tebow it is!! Hey, wait a minute....:paranoid:

It really is too bad Samuels got saddled with such a dysfunctional franchise throughout his whole career. On the bright side, given his annual contract restructuring ritual, at least he won't be hurting for the cash.

Best wishes Chris. :cheers:

Last edited:
This is the type of player you wish could have seen a championship, kinda like Ken Harvey.

God speed in all you future endeavors Chris Samuels!

On a side note: our line is in even more dire straits!

From when I followed him in college hoping we would draft him and still, have always viewed him as a class act. I was hoping if continued playing we could trade him to a class orgnization. He earned it.

La Canfora has it as not decided as of yet. Either way, it's hard to say I didn't see this coming. Chris and Jon were our bookends we expected to have around 8 to 10 years. Oh, how time does fly. Chris has become a bit fragile over the past few seasons. I was hoping to get this and next season from him, but knowing enough about the condition he suffers from, It's time for me first for Chris.

That being said, I love this guy. He's been nothing but a class act from the day he was drafted, and the epitome of what I still envision as a true Redskin. Good luck, and Gods blessings in whatever he decides.

Link

Samuels is awaiting more information about the injury, and is expected to make a final decision about his playing career sometime near the end of this season, according to the source. Samuels has declined to comment on the situation to this point, but, according to the source, “he’ll make a decision by the end of the year.”

Smart move by Samuels. Thanks and best wishes to him.

I don't blame him. The risk he takes is too great. Samuels has given this team 110%. Next jersey I buy will be his.

To repeat the chorus, even he could why would he want to risk injury for Cerrato and Snyder. I honestly believe he would come back for the fans.

Thanks Chris.:claps:

I met Chris a couple of times when he lived in Ashburn. He couldn't have been nicer, chatting with some ten year olds about his car, signing autographs for kids in Subway and Hair Cuttery.

I'm not surprised. I'm just sorry he didn't have a better team around him.

I met him once, after a game when I was covering the team for another site. Despite my obvious amateurish bearing he took the time to answer all my questions. Very nice guy.

Last edited:
There is one (possibly) silver lining to all of this.

If Samuels retires the Redskins will be forced to draft a LT with their high 1st round pick.

Of course knowing the Skins, they'll draft a corner or safety and promote Heyer to LT......:tantrum:

or Levi Jones will play well for the last 6-8 games and the team will resign him to a big contract before a new GM can be hired :rolleyes:

or Levi Jones will play well for the last 6-8 games and the team will resign him to a big contract before a new GM can be hired :rolleyes:

I hope he does play well. If he could finally live up to his potential, that is one position on the line we need not address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.