• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Finalize Practice Squad

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
September 1, 2013

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed the following players to their practice squad:
LB Will Compton
DL Dominique Hamilton
RB Jawan Jamison
WR Lance Lewis
CB Chase Minnifield
OL Xavier Nixon
OL Tevita Stevens
WR Nick Williams

All eight of the team’s practice squad signees spent the 2013 preseason with the Redskins.

Compton (6-2, 230) originally signed with the Redskins as a college free agent on May 2, 2013. He appeared in 50 games with 37 starts during his collegiate career at Nebraska.

Hamilton (6-5, 315) spent the final 15 weeks of the 2012 season on the Redskins’ practice squad after signing with the team on Sept. 18, 2012. He played collegiately at Missouri.

Jamison (5-7, 203) was selected by the Redskins in the seventh round (228th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft this past April. He recorded 486 carries for 1,972 yards and 13 rushing touchdowns during his collegiate career at Rutgers.

Lewis (6-2, 207) originally signed with the Redskins as a college free agent on May 2, 2012, before being released on Aug. 27, 2012. He re-signed with the Redskins on May 14, 2013. He played collegiately at East Carolina.

Minnifield (6-0, 186) originally signed with the Redskins as a college free agent on May 3, 2012. He spent the 2012 season on the team’s Reserve/Injured list.

Nixon (6-6, 314) originally signed with the Redskins as a college free agent on May 2, 2013. He appeared in 46 games with 33 starts along the offensive line during his collegiate career at Florida.

Stevens (6-1, 306) originally signed with the Redskins as a college free agent on May 2, 2013. He appeared in 51 games during his collegiate career at Utah, starting the final 48.

Williams (5-10, 184) originally signed with the Redskins as a college free agent on May 2, 2013. He played collegiately at Connecticut, where he is the only player in UConn history with at least two kickoff returns and two punt returns for touchdowns in a career.

I'm happy to see Minnifield and Williams on the PS and hope they can crack the 53 sometime soon.

I'm very curious to know what Jawan Jamison did to even earn a spot on the PS

he looked decent in the game vs Tampa in the very small sample size we got. Why not keep him there.. work with him, never know what's gonna happen w/ Helu/Royster, and if someone might come knockin on the door for one of them.

I'm happy to see Minnifield and Williams on the PS and hope they can crack the 53 sometime soon.

Murphy is there for his Special Teams play but I'd much rather have Minnifield back there in coverage. God forbid anything happen to Chris Thompson but Williams could fill his return spot while playing other ST roles, if necessary. These two would likely be promoted to the 53 quickly should injuries occur.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with our PS.

I think Compton is most likely going to have the biggest impact from this crop of PS players if Chase ends up plucked away by another team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.