• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BR: Why 2013 is a Pivotal Season for Eli Manning

Interesting summation of Eli's career - showing that outside of some 4th-quarter moments and catching lightning in a bottle twice, he has been decidedly bad and pretty dang lucky.
While I agree, Eli will go down as a great in the annals of NFL lore. He's won 2 SB's... Lucky bastard that he is!

I like how they cherry pick Eli's stats from 2007-2012 and he's still only 7-10th best QB in the league over that time. He's definitely overrated and the Giants have to be the luckiest SB team since they faced the Bills in 1990.

3-1 in 4 Super Bowls they shouldn't have even played in.

I used to think Eli was overrated, but when the lights were the brightest and it mattered most he made great throws. Not sure what else you can ask for from your QB. Pinning the shortcomings of the team the years they weren't winning the superbowl on Eli is as ridiculous as giving him all the credit the two years they did win it. It's almost as ridiculous as complaining about a team that's won 2 super bowls in the last 8 years.

They won two super bowls with him as QB. There aren't a whole lot of teams in NFL history that can say that, much less over the last 10 years.

No you are right about when it matters he seems to get it done. He's definitely the best QB ever as soon as a team goes to the prevent defense. It's like the first 3 quarters was bumbling ELi and then they suited a Robo version of Peyton up in the 4th quarter down 2 scores. I just wish teams weren't so stupid to allow him to do that like happened at least 7-8 times in 2011. The Giants should have been 6-10 at best that year, if it wasn't for all those double digit comebacks. I really don't give him all that much credit for some of those, seemed almost like the NFL manufactured those or something, it just happened too many times in 2011.

No you are right about when it matters he seems to get it done. He's definitely the best QB ever as soon as a team goes to the prevent defense. It's like the first 3 quarters was bumbling ELi and then they suited a Robo version of Peyton up in the 4th quarter down 2 scores. I just wish teams weren't so stupid to allow him to do that like happened at least 7-8 times in 2011. The Giants should have been 6-10 at best that year, if it wasn't for all those double digit comebacks. I really don't give him all that much credit for some of those, seemed almost like the NFL manufactured those or something, it just happened too many times in 2011.

You can only play against the team on the field. They beat the patriots, who hadn't lost a game all year, in the superbowl.

Sounds like loser talk to me.

1379699_682398878437586_56397774_n.jpg

This seems about right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.