• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RI: Source doubts a Gibbs return

Chris

Ring of Fame
BGO Ownership Group
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Redskins Insider: Source doubts a Gibbs return

There's buzz at Pro Football Talk about the possibility of Joe Gibbs returning to the Redskins in advisory/consultant role -- but not as a head coach.

Gibbs had dinner with owner Daniel Snyder in Charlotte before the Redskins lost to the Carolina Panthers and any interaction between those two naturally would stir talk. A person close to Gibbs, however, recently told me that he seriously doubted that Gibbs would return to the Redskins in any role because of everything he has going on with his racing team and family. The person maintained that stance in a text message I received minutes ago.

Just in terms of the things I know about, Gibbs has NASCAR, his son Coy's motocross team, the Game Plan For Life ministry and his grandkids. I don't think that would leave a lot of time for helping Snyder hire a new general manager and a new coach. That is, if that's Snyder's intention.

Of course, things could always change. And Snyder has enough money to persuade people to reverse course. But it seems that Joe Jackson Gibbs is busy elsewhere at the moment.

Click for complete article

The same reasons could have been given the last time Joe came back. I'm not saying this isn't accurate.....I'm just saying.

*I'm a slow poster. Mike beat me to it before I hit "save"

while I agree that PFT is basically the TMZ of sports news they are also as accurate as TMZ. When everyone was not confirming Michael Jackson was dead they were saying he was basically dead when he left the house.

They couldnt have just pulled this out of thin air. I am not saying it is the truth but it has to have some grain of truth to it or else they could go with the other 45254525 Skins bashing stories out there.

I must've mis-counted, I only got 45254518....crap!:bucktooth:

I could see Joe taking a perhaps long distance job with the Skins, essentially taking Vinny's place and the old Bobby Bethard position to a degree. Perhaps something like team VP. If he just interviews and installs a GM, decides what type of fotball team this is going to be and and keeps danny on a leash, that would be great.

My last contact at Redskins Park was freed from hell on Earth a couple of years ago, but he/she still knows folks. I'll see if Mom can find anything out

Heck, I'd be happy with Joe just finding us a GM and HC and then being a consultant.

Gibbs does love the Redskins.....

yes, he got a nice salary coming back, but for a guy that has his own NASCAR team with a great deal of success, did he really need the money?

I think he wanted to try to bring the Redskins back......

and while we remember the problems and mistakes, we also must remember that he came very, very close in 2005 to accomplish that task (if only Carlos' Hands of Stone makes the pick six, we probably play the Steelers in the SB).

You guys are missing the key point.

Gibbs didn't know Snyder and his minions before being lured back the first time.

He sure as hell knows them now.

Think that might make a difference? I do :)

You guys are missing the key point.

Gibbs didn't know Snyder and his minions before being lured back the first time.

He sure as hell knows them now.

Think that might make a difference? I do :)

Hopefully, he'll get rid of his minions

Turdblossom has fired everyone on the planet at least once, but won't fire vinny. Maybe Joe is the one to do it

My problem is this.

I don't think that there is one person on this planet that Snyder would consider giving control to other than Gibbs.

I understand all of the wishes to move on with someone else. I just don't see it actually happening as wished. If Joe is willing it may be our only chance for a long time.

Well, your point is well taken Chris - it may take a Joe Gibbs to get Snyder to realize he will have to change his approach, and to help set the stage for 'moving on from the past'. I'm just highly skeptical Gibbs wants to deal with Snyder for another stint. I could be totally wrong - but I think Gibbs is a smart man and knows who and what he's dealing with in Snyder. I'd honestly be shocked if he stepped in to rescue this franchise.

Well, your point is well taken Chris - it may take a Joe Gibbs to get Snyder to realize he will have to change his approach, and to help set the stage for 'moving on from the past'. I'm just highly skeptical Gibbs wants to deal with Snyder for another stint. I could be totally wrong - but I think Gibbs is a smart man and knows who and what he's dealing with in Snyder. I'd honestly be shocked if he stepped in to rescue this franchise.

If he did, and after you picked yourself off of the floor, how do you think you would feel about it?

Oh - I'd definitely support it. I don't see how any Redskin fan could not. I'm just skeptical that Snyder would be doing it out of any sincere recognition the franchise and front office is 'broken'. I think he'd be doing it out of sheer machiavellian motives to squelch the uproar and criticism. Because then, Redskins fans couldn't criticize the front office without criticizing a legend.

Regardless of why he brought Gibbs in though, it'd be tough to argue it wasn't a positive development.

Gibbs came back once and got blood out of a turnip. Even he couldn't fix the underlying rot in this "organization"

Is Tom Landry still alive? maybe he could take over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.