• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Joe Gibbs Could be Taking a Tuna-Style Role in D.C.

Well folks, what I was looking to see was a statement from the source that Gibbs would only come back in a limited role AND if he was given a free hand to put a system in place.

In that regard the money would be negotiated but not one of the first items mentioned as an incentive.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Well folks, what I was looking to see was a statement from the source that Gibbs would only come back in a limited role AND if he was given a free hand to put a system in place.

In that regard the money would be negotiated but not one of the first items mentioned as an incentive.

Setting aside whatever Gibbs' motives may be, for the moment-the question that keeps coming to mind to me would be just exactly how influential Gibbs' input would be in terms of how it affects Snyder's approach to how the team is run. Basically, how much of a "free hand" would he have? Could he be a catalyst that would cause a shift in organizational structure and function that would be effective in distancing Snyder and Cerrato from team operations and a permanent directional change that could not be undone-some type of public commitment on the part of the organization to do things differently than they have been done in the past. A cosmetic or PR type move simply to, you might say, "quiet the rising storm of criticism" that would leave the option to return to business as usual as soon as the furor died down would be inadequate. My concern is that the fans and, to a lesser extent the sports media, could be lulled into a false sense of hope by a clever marketing of a "Looky, we have ol' Joe back to help us straighten things out" scenario-and, remember, Snyder is a demonstrated genius when it comes to marketing.

This team needs the 1981 Gibbs that is ambitious and working for more than money.

We need a GM and Team President that feel they have something to prove in re winning in the league.

Gibbs is no longer hungry.

Time to move on from the past.
Have to agree with the ultimate point here. Gibbs would certainly help, and I wouldn't put Gibbs anywhere near the category of greedy free agent, but his focus now is on his family. He'd be an improvement, but not the answer.

We need the next Gibbs.

Gibbs is the only person currently living that has Snyder's respect and Snyder would keep the meddling to a minimal.

Gibbs just in the building changes the philosophy of this team.

However, if Gibbs isn't interested, I would suggest somebody with a similar belief system and a ability to also build a team from nothing to greatness.

Tony Dungy.

The nice thing about Dungy is that he hasn't left football and would be able to find coaches and probably a GM to fit a sound philosophy/plan.

Dungy, much like Gibbs brings instant credibility and gives the Redskin fans something we've lost in the past 2 seasons.........

Hope.

Gibbs is the only person currently living that has Snyder's respect and Snyder would keep the meddling to a minimal.

Gibbs just in the building changes the philosophy of this team.

However, if Gibbs isn't interested, I would suggest somebody with a similar belief system and a ability to also build a team from nothing to greatness.

Tony Dungy.

The nice thing about Dungy is that he hasn't left football and would be able to find coaches and probably a GM to fit a sound philosophy/plan.

Dungy, much like Gibbs brings instant credibility and gives the Redskin fans something we've lost in the past 2 seasons.........

Hope.

I wonder if bringing Dungy in may squash the idea of bringing Gruden in as HC?

No need to worry about that Serv. Dungy has too much class to work with a worm like Snyder. OTOH if Dungy were to pull a Schottenheimer and agreed to come here, I don't think he's the kind of guy that fits the bill to work effectively with $nyder. Dungy's a bit too quiet IMHO. $nyder needs someone that he'll either worship (like Gibbs) or that will demand respect and tell him "my way or the highway".

I guess I'm more cynical than most of you. I'm doubtful that Gibbs would come back - he's gotten to see what Snyder is all about and where his values are up close - and I think that had a lot to do with his sudden resignation during his second stint. I can't really picture him wanting more of that.

The cynical part of me says that even if this is being pursued by Snyder, it's pure PR - because Snyder knows the only thing that will squelch the fan rebellion he's got on his hands is to get them talking about Joe Gibbs.

The cynical part of me says that even if this is being pursued by Snyder, it's pure PR - because Snyder knows the only thing that will squelch the fan rebellion he's got on his hands is to get them talking about Joe Gibbs.

This is partly why I suggest that a Gibbs return is purely a band-aid. Once Snyder starts getting respectability within the organization then Gibbs leaves, the munchkin will go right back to his meddlesome ways. Now, if there a good chunk of ownership given to Gibbs, something that may transfer to one of his boys once Gibbs leaves, that might remedy any future meddling.

I just don't think the midget is capable of staying out of his own way. I think he will always try to prove everybody wrong and always have his hand in it somehow.

Mom's source is at Disney this week and has not been watching the news, but he/she doubts this would happen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.