• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I Need To Make A Very Special Request

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
My cousin, who I have been closer to my entire life than just about anyone on this Earth, lost her husband to diabetes yesterday. It has really hit a lot of people hard, because he was undoubtedly the most selfless and genuinely compassionate person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, and I know there will never be another person in my life that could possibly measure up to him.

This guy had such a profound impact on people, that he could change your life just by having a single conversation with him. For years, he struggled with severe diabetes that resulted in extended months at a time in the hospital, amputations, strokes, embolisms, etc. Through all of this, he never once lost his drive to fight and go out of his way to make sure that everybody around him was happy and well taken care of.

At cookouts, he would not even sit down to eat until he made sure everybody was full and happy. No matter what he was doing, he would drop everything to lend you an ear and talk you through anything you were dealing with. It's just the type of guy he was. Last Summer when one of his boys had a baseball game that was going to be canceled because the coach was a no show, he left the hospital against doctors orders to step in as coach just so his son wouldn't be disappointed. There is no way to even begin to put into words what he meant to everyone he ever touched.

Another reason this has crushed me and my wife so deeply, is not only because of being family and him being a great guy, but it has forced us to face our own mortality due to the parallels between our marriage and theirs. They met and started dating in high school, they had children very young, and they were like us in so many ways, including age. It has given us a dose of the harsh reality that life is fragile, and it can be gone in an instant.

Aside from being left to pick up the pieces from the loss of a completely irreplaceable loved one, my cousin and her boys now face a serious uphill climb financially. He was disabled for a long time, and was never able to get life insurance, and although my cousin works full time, his disability provided the bulk of their income. Now with that income gone, a funeral to pay for, rent to worry about, birthdays coming up for 3 sons, and school starting, she is in a hole that is on the verge of caving in on her and she can't cope anymore. It's too much of a burden to have to worry about on top of the devastating loss.

A friend of hers created a funding site to try and raise money to pay for the funeral and other expenses. All of the money is going directly into an account set up for her and her sons, and any amount at all would be a blessing. I am not here to beg for help, just to pass the word along in hopes that if anyone can help at all, they will. You can donate anonymously, or you can leave a message. If there is anywhere else you can forward the link, that would be great too. Even pennies add up when there's enough.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, and please keep her and her boys in your thoughts and prayers.

Here is the direct link......
Funeral and help with boys by Rachael Onemore ChanceBullies Euell - GoFundMe

I'm sorry to hear this Ex. Best wishes to all of you, you are in my thoughts.

I'm so sorry to hear this Extreme. What a terrible situation for your cousin's immediate and extended family to have to deal with. My sympathies go out to you all and I truly hope you're all able to find the strength to face such a difficult time.

This really hits close to home as both my parents have diabetes and it is something I am constantly worrying about; in fact, their illnesses were the primary impetus that drove me back to school to better learn how to help prevent these types of chronic illnesses.

Hate to hear that Ex...certain people in our lives are just extra special even if we can't always explain what it was about them that made them so important to us. Thinking good thoughts for you and his wife and kids.

Man what a horrible thing to deal with. My condolences Ex. Hey just a random thought here...Was he a Redskins fan? Ever thought of maybe forwarding this to them and seeing if their charity wing wants to help out? Couldn't hurt could it? Anyway, best of luck that's rough.

Thank you everybody, it really means a lot. As far as his team goes, he was born in Brooklyn. He was every bit as die hard of a Giants fan as we are Redskins fans. Football season as a result were some of our best memories. That being said, I still hope they go 0-16 :)

Dang Ex, I am so very sorry. I wish I had the words to make it easier. Many prayers for you and the family.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.