• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Pickem Results: Week 6

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
9.png

Week 6 of the BGO NFL Pickem Contest is complete and awesome performances continue to be the trend for more than a few players.

Standouts this week included Chris leading all players at 11-3, tugboat and tomwvr coming in at 10-4, and Neophyte, Walking Deadman, Kelly, MisterPinstripe, and servumtuum all finishing 9-5.

For the year and overall contest leaders, servumtuum continues to lead the competition at an incredible 66-24, followed closely by Neophyte at 65-25, and China and Jimbo in a 2 way tie at 63-27.

Click HERE to view all Week 6 results.

Click HERE for total season standings after Week 6

What a tough week--there were two or there games there that I think almost all of us picked wrong.

Guess we know just how good the Saints and the Vikings actually are.

I'm still in the "WTF?" mode from the Raiders/Eagles.

I appreciate the kudos WD, but as you notice I've got Neophyte, China and Jimbo chewin' my heels all to hell and the season isn't even half done yet-anybody could pull a 1 or 2 loss week and jam everything up.:paranoid:

Still in 5th, even after that disastrous week. Man that was a tough one...need to pick my game up!!

And just how bad the Titans are...sheesh.

What a tough week--there were two or there games there that I think almost all of us picked wrong.

Vikings were good enough to win by a missed 44 yard indoor field goal. :)

Vikings were good enough to win by a missed 44 yard indoor field goal. :)
Fair point, but for the portion I watched (i.e., the first half), the Vikings were doing quite well against what I thought, going into the game, was one of the better defenses in football.

Fair point, but for the portion I watched (i.e., the first half), the Vikings were doing quite well against what I thought, going into the game, was one of the better defenses in football.

Yep. Going into the game I thought that the Ravens, coming off back to back close losses, would beat the Vikes. That was my 5-Star lock of the week. :)

And the Vikes are heading to Pittsburgh, which could prove to be interesting.

And the Vikes are heading to Pittsburgh, which could prove to be interesting.

Yes, it should be interesting. I believe that this will be the Vikes first game outdoors this year.

Their defense, considered by many to be elite, is currently ranked 18th and had been out-gained by each of the last three offenses they have faced.

They are certainly off to a fast start, and you can only play the schedule you're given, but so far the quality of their opponents is only slightly better than that of the Skins.

Minnesota played @ Cleveland in week one, but have been inside domes ever since.

I should've known better than to bet on Norv.

I should've known better than to bet on Norv.

China, along that line-I found this in today's Sacramento Bee's online edition about good ol' Norv. I guess some things never change.

Norv Turner's Chargers are stumbling around without a leader
ShareThis
Buzz up!
By MARCIA C. SMITH
The Orange County Register
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2009 - 1:00 am
Last Modified: Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2009 - 11:08 pm
SAN DIEGO -- Norv Turner is a kind fellow, a pleasant man who, right now, might be too calm and congenial to be an NFL coach.

The San Diego Chargers, their season and the remnants of the Super Bowl-bound myth have been collapsing around Turner for six weeks, and he remains kind, pleasant, calm and congenial.

Grace under pressure is necessary for triage nurses, air-traffic controllers and golfers. Not for NFL coaches at the helm of a talented but underperforming team.

If there has ever been a time that Turner should hurl a headset, split a clipboard, punch a tackling dummy, raise his voice or, heck, show an elevated heart rate, it's now.

His players don't need an apologist who's merely aware and concerned about the team's play. They need an impassioned, fire-breathing coach who preaches accountability and takes responsibility more than he cites the silver linings surrounding their shortcomings.

They need Norvell to be El Jefe.

Article link:http://www.sacbee.com/846/story/2272272.html

There is no way I picked the Chiefs to upset San Diego...how in the world did that happen?

/IDIOT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.