• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

My Prediction

Lanky Livingston

Here is my prediction: Sherm Lewis, HC. The facts:

1) Lewis has been a very successful offensive coordinator. He has 2 rings as a WR coach for Bill Walsh, and a SB ring as the OC for the Packers under Holmgren. Why come out and do that again?

2) Sherm was happily retired, calling bingo or whatever the latest media sensationalistic activity is they're saying he was doing - shuffleboard maybe?

3) Lewis, for all his accolades, has never been a HC in the NFL, but was the HC at Michigan for 10 years or so I believe.

Why would a happily retired, offensive genius, with 3 SB rings come out of retirement? I can think of two reasons - either he's just running out of money and Thedanny backed up a dumptruck to his house, or Thedanny promised that he would have an opportunity to become the HC in 2010.

Greg Blache has had one foot out the door for a couple years now - Snyder had to beg him to coach another couple years. After this year, I can't see him coming back. There has been some speculation about him being the interim HC, but I doubt he stays on for next year, and that wouldn't fit Thedanny's M-O anyway.

Final point - who else will come here? Shanny has turned down the job, and I can't imagine Cowher would come into this situation. Gruden? Maybe...I just don't see it though. There are other SB winning coaches out there, but none of them are any bigger of a splash than Sherman Lewis.

I guess we will see...

I heard he was on his way to a senior's home to call a bingo game when he got the call from Snyder. Is there any truth to that?

Yeah, he was retired, and calling-bingo was one of his old-person activities. lol.

Well, that’s a reasonable guess. I don’t think it will happen though.

If he doesn’t come in and absolutely catch lightning in a bottle as a play caller, there is no way he’s given the head coaching job. After being out of the sport completely for 5 years he’s supposed to step right in and work some kind of magic? I kinda doubt it. He hasn’t had enough time to get to know our terminology much less the players and what they can and can’t do well. No fault of his, just a fact. How often do mid season stunts like this ever work? I can’t remember any times when they did.

Clearly Dan would like to have an excuse to hire Sherm. Top of the list for him would be Vinny staying exactly where he is and Dan keeping his cover man. That would be bad. We’d be right back in the situation we’re in now within a year.

If Dan doesn’t have a clear mandate to hire Sherm then he’ll try to throw money at one of the big names most likely. As much as I hate seeing a coach act as a GM too I’m almost hoping Dan has to do it. That is if we don’t hire a GM first and go a completely different direction, which I now advocate.

If sacrificing the rest of this season is what needs to happen for Vinny to be shown the door and for Dan to wake up, as tough as that may be, then so be it. I’m convinced that ultimately it would be for the better.

3) Lewis, for all his accolades, has never been a HC in the NFL, but was the HC at Michigan for 10 years or so I believe.

That's Michigan State, not Michigan...big difference. And he wasn't head coach at Michigan State he was an assistant coach from 1969 to 1982.

My prediction is Zorn is fired after Eagles game and Jerry Gray is Interim HC. They will interview him at end of season to meet Rooney Rule requirments. Snyder will then go after a big name.

My prediction is Zorn is fired after Eagles game and Jerry Gray is Interim HC. They will interview him at end of season to meet Rooney Rule requirments. Snyder will then go after a big name.
:claps: Excellent guess. I feel the same way.

Sherm would be an option, but he'd be like option F, like Zorn was last year.

Right now,
You give me the playbook and let me coach and we couldn't do that much worse.....I've never called plays in the NFL either.

Thing is I think you will be as good as Sherm Lewis. He didn't call plays under Holmgren. So not sure he has ever called plays. He may have called them in Detroit...which doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Turning playcalling over the Lewis shows how stupid Cerrato and Snyder really are. We have an OC, so why not use him.

Got an idea...why not let fans text play suggestions to the coaches during the game. :rotflmao:

Hell, let Portis call the plays. He doesn't have a half bad track record at it. Neither does Campbell when you let him run the hurry up and operate from the gun. I'd love to see them try that some time when we aren't down to the last 2 minutes and trailing by at least a score.

Hell, let Portis call the plays. He doesn't have a half bad track record at it. Neither does Campbell when you let him run the hurry up and operate from the gun. I'd love to see them try that some time when we aren't down to the last 2 minutes and trailing by at least a score.

I can see the headlines now:

Snyder orders Zorn to let Portis call plays

I think that would be brilliant. :)

Lewis didn't get an NFL job despite being in line for 4-5 years.

now, 5 years after he left the NFL a media bug like Snyder is going to dust him off and give him an HC job?

I don't think so.

At least not for next season.

Whoever is likely to be the HC after the Eagles game is beyond me as the interim.

But in 2010 Snyder will look to hire a name coach with a reputation to quiet down all the angry fans and doubting media.

Lewis didn't get an NFL job despite being in line for 4-5 years.

now, 5 years after he left the NFL a media bug like Snyder is going to dust him off and give him an HC job?

Because there were so many teams knocking on Zorn's door to give HIM a HC job? His own team passed him up...the people who knew him best. Yet Snyder had to hire him as HC because nobody else would come here.

Whoever is likely to be the HC after the Eagles game is beyond me as the interim.

But in 2010 Snyder will look to hire a name coach with a reputation to quiet down all the angry fans and doubting media.

See above...what big name coach is going to come here?

Shanahan - no, already turned down the job

Cowher - no way, he'll want personnel control, something Snyder won't give him. According to reports, Cerrato is not going anywhere.

Gruden - maybe, but I'm not sure even Chucky is desperate enough to come to DC.

Other than these guys...who else? Gibbs again? Vermeil? Another 70+ year-old coach who's been retired for years?

I just see any big name coach coming here. The way Snyder and Cerrato are being portrayed in the media I wonder if anyone (unless desperate) would want to work here.

I know there are only limited jobs opportunities to be a HC, but why come here knowing you won't have the chance to succeed. The current organization structure has to change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.