• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

As The Eagles Turn

tshile

Riley Cooper of Philadelphia Eagles issues apology for uttering racial slur in video - ESPN

A video of Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Riley Cooper uttering a racial slur at a Kenny Chesney concert surfaced Wednesday.

In the video, Cooper vowed to "fight every n-----" at the July concert in Philadelphia. Riley issued an apology Wednesday afternoon.

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie said Cooper has been fined by the team.

"We are shocked and appalled by Riley Cooper's words," Lurie said in a statement. "This sort of behavior or attitude from anyone has no role in a civil society. He has accepted responsibility for his words and his actions. He has been fined for this incident."

The NFL also issued a statement on Cooper: "The NFL stands for diversity and inclusion. Comments like this are wrong, offensive, and unacceptable."

Cooper, 25, has 46 catches for 679 yards and five touchdowns in 40 career games. He is expected to assume a larger role in the Eagles' offense this year after the season-ending injury to Jeremy Maclin.

"I am so ashamed and disgusted with myself," Cooper said in a statement. "I want to apologize. I have been offensive. I have apologized to my coach, to Jeffrey Lurie, to Howie Roseman and to my teammates. I owe an apology to the fans and to this community. I am so ashamed, but there are no excuses. What I did was wrong and I will accept the consequences."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breath*

ahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

what a clown show.

Saw on NFL this AM that Tom terrific was having his way with the Iggles safeties, especially Kenny Phillips. Also said that Phillips is struggling running and looked bad. This made me smile looking fwd to opening night!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.