• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

WP: Darryl Tapp Adjusting To Team

Terry

The UDFA
Reaction score
Darryl Tapp adjusting to new role in opportunity with boyhood team
By Mike Jones, Published: July 31 at 2:40 pm

RICHMOND — A free agent this past offseason following his seven-season tenure with the Seattle Seahawks and Philadelphia Eagles, Darryl Tapp expected to draw interest from teams looking for a defensive end for their 4-3 defense.
But “out of nowhere” came a call from the Washington Redskins, Tapp’s boyhood team. The interest from Washington came as a surprise. The Redskins ran a 3-4 defense and wanted him for a position he had never played before.

For the rest of this Washington Post article please click here

Typical article about a guy coming to his childhood favorite team, but the following is what caught my eye.:

“I lifted differently because the Redskins lift differently than anybody I’ve been around,” he said. “They really attack it in the weight room during the offseason because they’re trying to add pounds, so you’ll be more durable during the season, which I really appreciate. A lot of times, strength coaches, they’re dancing on that fine line where they don’t want to get guys hurt so going into the season, it’s kind of a maintenance program. But here, they’re all about building the weight up.”

Typical article about a guy coming to his childhood favorite team, but the following is what caught my eye.:

“I lifted differently because the Redskins lift differently than anybody I’ve been around,” he said. “They really attack it in the weight room during the offseason because they’re trying to add pounds, so you’ll be more durable during the season, which I really appreciate. A lot of times, strength coaches, they’re dancing on that fine line where they don’t want to get guys hurt so going into the season, it’s kind of a maintenance program. But here, they’re all about building the weight up.”

That's a holdover from when Phil Daniels was coaching here, I believe. He was always a huge proponent of that style of lifting.

Tapp is going to have a tough time sticking here through 2013. The Redskins are probably going to keep 4 OLB. With Orakpo, Kerrigan and recent draftee Brandon Jenkins in the mix, it seems Tapp's best chance is to really stand out those 4 games that Jackson misses.

Tapp is going to have a tough time sticking here through 2013. The Redskins are probably going to keep 4 OLB. With Orakpo, Kerrigan and recent draftee Brandon Jenkins in the mix, it seems Tapp's best chance is to really stand out those 4 games that Jackson misses.

And interestingly enough, although its probably an error, redskins.com has Barnett listed as an OLB right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.