• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Schedule Difficulty

direrabbit0317

The redskins schedule doesn't look easy. When looking at the other nfc east schedules, it looks like they've got it easier. This seems like last year were we had a rough schedule.

We won the NFC East - that's what you're going to get and that's what you should get. I also believe it's harder today to look at any schedule pre-season and predict whether it's extremely tough, middle of the road, or a cakewalk. With very few exceptions, modern NFL teams can rise and fall with pretty stunning regularity. I don't believe we'll know until the games are played how tough the schedule was.

One thing I am pretty sure of?

No one is chomping at the bit to play the Redskins these days...

I've never believed the schedule was based on the previous season's record. I never even bothered to look to see if it's true, or just a rumor that everyone has held on to. What I do know is the Patriots seem to have an excessively weak schedule most years, even during their dynasty years. I think things just happen the way they happen, and previous record isn't a factor.

It's based exclusively on the previous year's schedule. We were number one in the division, so our 4 "uncommon" games with opponents outside the NFCE and other two divisions we all play, our games are with division winners, the Giants play the second place teams in the divisions and so on.

The Pats get to play in the ****ty AFCE against MIA, Buf and NYJ, thats why it always is ridiculously easy for them.

Minor correct - It's only 2 uncommon games.
6 against your division
4 against a specific division in your conference
4 against a specific division in the other conference
2 against the teams that ranked the same as you in the 2 divisions in your conference you're division is not scheduled against.

i believe home vs away is determined by where the last game between the two games was, but i'm not sure.

i look at this the same as I look at the capitals going into a new division next year - if you want to be the best you have to play the best.

after all, we've had almost 2 decades of playing the losers in those other two divisions and it hasn't seemed to help us that much...

That's what I get for trying to respond in a car right before a meeting, thanks T.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.