• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Jim Zorn presser: "I'm going to comply with that."

Spence

The Rookie
Reaction score
Jim Zorn began his press conference by lavishing praise upon the defense, the defensive line and MLB London Fletcher, saying he loved their production, their pass rush, their tackling and their efficiency. It almost seemed as if he wanted to point out that he appreciated the part of the team that actually is working right.

He went on to say that the offense just didn't sustain drives in the first half [In fact, most of the drives ended after about 3 plays] and that he decided if the final drive before the half didn't go well, he would change quarterbacks at halftime.

As far as giving up calling the plays, Zorn said: "It was strongly suggested to me after the game in a meeting I had with Vinny...he just suggested I make a play caller change."
Read it all.

"I'm going to comply with that" said the dannys hand while buried in Zorns ass and speaking through his mouth

Does anyone else see this as the 1st step toward Lewis being on the sidelines after the break as the full time Head Coach of the Washington Redskins?

Lewis needs to be careful what he says. Yesterday the danny probably heard him after the game saying "Damn, I could call better plays than that!" and the danny immediately dispatched vinny to give Zorn the dead fish wrapped in newspaper

Does anyone here think play calling lost us the game yesterday? It’s been bad yeah, but hardly the main reason we lost. What play do you call when the O-line can’t block, the WR’s can’t get open and the QB can’t get the ball to them? It sort of limits your play book.

Zorn is a dead man walking. Let’s just hope Vinny goes with him.

It was painful to listen to.

Does anyone here think play calling lost us the game yesterday? It’s been bad yeah, but hardly the main reason we lost. What play do you call when the O-line can’t block, the WR’s can’t get open and the QB can’t get the ball to them? It sort of limits your play book.

Zorn is a dead man walking. Let’s just hope Vinny goes with him.

No. Has play calling helped? No. Is it ideal? Of course not. But I subscribe to a fact that many Redskins fan, even to this day refuse to admit. This team lacks real, quality talent. For ten years we have been saying we have talent. Here is the bottom line. Talent wins football games. Pittsburgh is talented. The Patriots are talented. The Cols are talented. The Redskins are not. Some talent yes, an abundance, of course not. Look at the production.

That is why changing play callers, changing head coaches, none of this means a damn thing until a competent front office executes quality drafts, signs quality free agents not just looking for the big pay day. We have too many 'superstars' getting paid big bucks that play essentially like an average player. A team does not need a ton of superstars. It needs good lines. It needs role players. It needs good depth. It needs solid draft picks.

This front office has delivered relatively little of any of that.

Of course he's going to comply, because resistance is futile.

LocutusOfBorg.jpg

Watching Zorn and Chick Hernandez interview right now and Zorn is commenting about losing his play calling duties.

When discussing the inconsistent blocking of the offensive line, Chick mentioned the Portis run. Zorn emphatically stated, "I called that play!" Chick danced around it thinking he was saying it jokingly and Zorn was like, "it is what it is." and that, "it was only a semi-joke". Chick wasn't quite sure how to proceed and Zorn looked straight at Chick and said, "It's all good."

I like Jim Zorn! I have been looking at a lot of his press conferences thinking what a crock of **** he is feeding us. But after seeing that I can only imagine what world he is living in.

Last edited:
The problem, Elephant, is that he also called the sweep right with Portis in his own EndZone, the halfback option by Portis and the 4th and goal early vs. Detroit. A few great plays are wonderful but you have to look at the whole picture and recently that picture isn't so rosy.

Now, having said that, I would be letting the Coach run the team the way he wants to and if that means he is the play caller then so be it. At this point, it makes little difference who the play caller is, I doubt this team wins more than 4 games and that is possibly stretching it. I'd give him the rope and let him figure out if he is going to hang or swing.

The problem, Elephant, is that he also called the sweep right with Portis in his own EndZone, the halfback option by Portis and the 4th and goal early vs. Detroit. A few great plays are wonderful but you have to look at the whole picture and recently that picture isn't so rosy.

Neo, I was just reporting that I like him as a man having no idea what it must be like for him to deal with his current situation. I had been growing tired of his press conferences because it just sounded like he was full of ****. But after seeing this current situation evolve, I am more inclined to show him empathy.

As for his coaching, it is rather apparent he is in over his head. I am glad to see Sherman Lewis calling the plays and would not be a bit surprised to see Zorn gone after the Eagles game next week.

It was painful to listen to.

Yes it was. I feel for the guy but face it, as a HC he sucks.

I'd have more confidence in Todd Collins calling the plays than Sherman Lewis this week. Sherm is in a no-win situation and you KNOW a vanilla game plan is coming because he hasn't had time to learn the offense. Philthy will smell that a mile away and will blitz the hell out of whoever is in at QB.

It's gonna be a LOOOOONG night as Zorn has no Offensive control over his final game as HC. A sad end to a very bad FO decision.

Let's see:

Lewis isn't familiar with the personnel.
Lewis isn't familiar with the terminology.

I see this working well, kind of like the first time you're playing Madden or a new football game.

Yes it was. I feel for the guy but face it, as a HC he sucks.

I'd have more confidence in Todd Collins calling the plays than Sherman Lewis this week. Sherm is in a no-win situation and you KNOW a vanilla game plan is coming because he hasn't had time to learn the offense. Philthy will smell that a mile away and will blitz the hell out of whoever is in at QB.

It's gonna be a LOOOOONG night as Zorn has no Offensive control over his final game as HC. A sad end to a very bad FO decision.
I wonder how long into the game the commentators will start talking about something else? 15 minutes? 20 minutes? (I'm talking real time, not game time, mind you.)

Let's see:

Lewis isn't familiar with the personnel.
Lewis isn't familiar with the terminology.

I see this working well, kind of like the first time you're playing Madden or a new football game.

It worked well when the danny played Madden

I wonder how long into the game the commentators will start talking about something else? 15 minutes? 20 minutes? (I'm talking real time, not game time, mind you.)

Hoepfully, they'll be talking about empty seats and Zorns next job

Playcalling is the tip of the iceberg, my friends. Snyder is attempting to hack away at the visible part with a pickaxe...but the Redskins are still headed for oblivion.

Playcalling is the tip of the iceberg, my friends. Snyder is attempting to hack away at the visible part with a pickaxe...but the Redskins are still headed for oblivion.

It is the only thing they could get to at this late date. What else are they going to remove from Zorn's plate in mid-season?

I heard his headset is now going to be plugged not into JC's radio, but right to the owners box

Breaking news!

After a morning meeting with Vinny Cerrato coach Jim Zorn has been stripped of his dignity. All matters regarding Zorn’s dignity will now be handled by Southeast Jerome.

southeast-jerome.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.