• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Glitch, Bug, and Feedback Thread

Ok, wtf is this Spy thing at the top? I don't get it :( It seems to just update with posts, but i haven't figured it out...

It's a real-time ticker of all 'activity' by members over the past hour. You can also use the 'Activity Stream' (called 'What's New?') but it's not real-time. Just an option if you want to quickly see the most recent activity. There are a ton of ways to figure out what's going on in terms of posting by other members, just depends on which tool you like.

At this early hour, I can see that thirty spammers have been thwarted of their attempts to gain entrance - sweet.

I noticed that the stickies in each forum are lacking a certain separation from the other forum posts.

If interested, I can post some of my old smilies in the graphics forum for anyone and everyone to use. I doubt that they can be imported to what is provided, but some of these old ones are traditional favorites. Others are newer, but quite good, imho.

Props to Brother Pete who has mostly built our banner image library on his own with Brother Om support. It's going to be a beautiful feature... this is not an end product, almost all of our add-ons will be upgraded in the coming weeks. I am so excited we went old school with our original logo and look...

It is absolutely warm and beautiful looking. LOVE it!

I just wanted to add a comment on the "clean" look that's been mentioned about the new upgrade.

In my Redskins Recon travels I've noticed a couple of things. First, independent fan sites are, across the board, better than "official" team sponsored sites in terms of being easy to use and easy to navigate. Second there is a tendency among even many independent fan sites to be cluttered both in design and functionality-hard to read and navigate, gaudy, glaring-almost a neon sign assault on the eyes making them unattractive or in some cases downright ugly! What you have done here is, IMO, a textbook example of how to add functionality and improve the aesthetic appeal of a fan site simultaneously. There are NFL team fan sites out there that are simple, clean-looking, easy to use and not too uncomfortable to spend time perusing but this has them beat.

You guys have raised the bar in my opinion with this effort.

Congratulations on a job very well done. :2thumbsup:

Has anyone noticed the double posting? I'm assuming it's because a setting (timer?) is off?

Has anyone noticed the double posting? I'm assuming it's because a setting (timer?) is off?

What double posting, t? I haven't seen any.

I double posted something this morning in the Random Funny **** thread by accident. It was taking a while to load the new page with my post, so I pressed submit again because I thought it wasn't going through.

What double posting, t? I haven't seen any.

Goaldeje's post is the one I was thinking of. I thought there was another but I may be making that up. I seem to remember it catching those, it was either a 30 second timer between posts or something that detected duplicate posts. May have just been a fluke though.

By the way, the site loads super fast for me on my phone.

At this early hour, I can see that thirty spammers have been thwarted of their attempts to gain entrance - sweet.

I noticed that the stickies in each forum are lacking a certain separation from the other forum posts.

If interested, I can post some of my old smilies in the graphics forum for anyone and everyone to use. I doubt that they can be imported to what is provided, but some of these old ones are traditional favorites. Others are newer, but quite good, imho.

Yeah, our new anti-spammer software is working like a charm :)

We can add any smilies you guys want. If you'll start a thread for that purpose, we'll take a look and consider adding them. Will also take a look at the stickied thread formatting...

I just wanted to add a comment on the "clean" look that's been mentioned about the new upgrade.

In my Redskins Recon travels I've noticed a couple of things. First, independent fan sites are, across the board, better than "official" team sponsored sites in terms of being easy to use and easy to navigate. Second there is a tendency among even many independent fan sites to be cluttered both in design and functionality-hard to read and navigate, gaudy, glaring-almost a neon sign assault on the eyes making them unattractive or in some cases downright ugly! What you have done here is, IMO, a textbook example of how to add functionality and improve the aesthetic appeal of a fan site simultaneously. There are NFL team fan sites out there that are simple, clean-looking, easy to use and not too uncomfortable to spend time perusing but this has them beat.

You guys have raised the bar in my opinion with this effort.

Congratulations on a job very well done. :2thumbsup:

Thanks for your generous and kind words serv!

We'll take a peek at the double-post settings - probably just need to be tweaked.

We can add any smilies you guys want. If you'll start a thread for that purpose, we'll take a look and consider adding them. Will also take a look at the stickied thread formatting...

I nominate this one:
original

needs to be resized, but not too small, the largeness of it is part of the hilarity :)

Issue iwith posting a pic

I love the new format....it doesn't load as quickly as the previous version, but it's pretty slick and real easy on the eyes.

I'm trying to paste an image from Photobucket in the "Show Yourselves" thread, but I keep getting "invalid URL" or "invalid file" messages after pasting the URL into the "URL" field in the "insert image" window.

Never had this issue before. I'm pretty computer stoopid......but have posted pics in that thread before.

If I'm doing something wrong, I'm open to suggestion. Thanks!

Testing photo attachment via the 'Insert Image' icon in quick reply...

g-130630-cvr-schumer-12p.grid-5x2.jpg

Seems to be working for me...make sure you are on the 'url' tab as it defaults to uploading from your computer...it could be a photobucket thing but I'm not able to replicate the problem.

Seems to be working for me...make sure you are on the 'url' tab as it defaults to uploading from your computer...it could be a photobucket thing but I'm not able to replicate the problem.

Thanks! It works for me now too. What I did, when uploading from the "url", was uncheck the "retrieve remote file and reference locally" box before uploading. That did the trick

Can you guys explain what you mean - WHEN are you getting that access denied screen?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.