• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Glitch, Bug, and Feedback Thread

Also, the notifications feature tells us when a post is liked, but how about when someone replies to us? Is it too late? :)

It's never too late. I know it will notify you when someone quotes you - I guess the question is, how can the software know 'to whom' is being replied to unless you're quoted? We do have a 'View Your Own Posts/Threads' feature that shows only posts/thread activity in posts/threads you've personally made, but it broke with the upgrade. We'll look to fix that...

OK, the mobile portion.

its silver and blue first off...I thought you guys were kidding.

there is no "new posts" tab like on the old one so you manually have to go "redskins obsession" then back to a forum
you cant just click to the last comment and skip everything youve already read

and its silver and blue!!!

the site itself is sick...maybe Ill just break down and get taptalk...where did you get it from, john?

We've yet to even touch the mobile skin, so some or all of that will be fixed. You can get Tapatalk via any app search...

Another thing that bothers my engineer/OCD/anal-ness is the alma-mater logos are not centered under the profile information. Its driving me a little crazy. :)

That one was an easy fix. Keep them coming.

I tried Tapatalk HD for the iPad, no dice. Gives me an error for this site.

Only problem I've found so far is that page load times are pretty slow, but with all the bells & whistles I guess that is to be expected. Sometimes my home internet sucks too, so that might be an issue.

Yeah - we will be checking on load times...think version 4 is known to be slower, but may be some things we can do to speed it up.

So far I really like the mobile skin. Much easier to read than using the full site mode. Would be cool to have the BGO branding, but it's window dressing so no big deal on when if that happens.

i will echo what Lanky said, load times seem a tad slower than before.

BGO branding/Skins appropriate colors on the mobile skin are definitely coming.

For my first post-upgrade post, I want to say one thing and one thing only:

I---we all---owe John "Boone" Jeffries a debt of gratitude that a few simple words will never convey. Only 1 person has an understanding of the commitment in time, blood, sweat and tears John put into this reincarnation, and that's me. Plain and simple, Boone made this happen. He'll never cop to it, but it's the honest truth.

Thanks brother.

I tried Tapatalk HD for the iPad, no dice. Gives me an error for this site.

My bad HOF...I'll have to reinstall Tapatalk app on this forum. I'll get on that, hadn't even thought about it.

My bad HOF...I'll have to reinstall Tapatalk app on this forum. I'll get on that, hadn't even thought about it.

No rush on that at all, the new mobile other than the color is actually pretty darn nice.

I didn't realize it wasn't turned on, but you can now not only 'internally' like member posts, but you can like threads, blogs, and articles on the homepage on your Facebook page with just a click. Give it a try. Great way to promote the site.

Encourage you to read my BGO.C.D. blog entry 'New Digs' on the home page...it summarizes a lot of the new functionality and would be a good place to start to learn the new software. Or it may just be a shameless plug.

At this point, I really can't be sure :)

That one was an easy fix. Keep them coming.

I could kiss you! :)

It's never too late. I know it will notify you when someone quotes you - I guess the question is, how can the software know 'to whom' is being replied to unless you're quoted? We do have a 'View Your Own Posts/Threads' feature that shows only posts/thread activity in posts/threads you've personally made, but it broke with the upgrade. We'll look to fix that...

Yeah, that's what I meant - when someone quotes you. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Okay - I'm quoting you. Did you get a notification?

Nope! Also, I just noticed the multi-quote feature stays on even after a reply is made. So it keeps quoting the two posts I have checked every time I click "reply."

Nope! Also, I just noticed the multi-quote feature stays on even after a reply is made. So it keeps quoting the two posts I have checked every time I click "reply."

We'll look into the quote notification. On the multi-quote, I think if you click on the 'Multiquote this Message' icons and then click 'Post Reply' it won't stay highlighted, but will stay highlight if you click the 'checkbox' at the top of the post. I could be wrong, but will test.

I could kiss you! :)

Yeah, that's what I meant - when someone quotes you. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Testing multi-quote feature...

Yeah LL, I think that's the issue. Use the mult-quote icons and it won't do that.

Testing multi-quote feature...

Yeah LL, I think that's the issue. Use the mult-quote icons and it won't do that.

You need to test a seat away from the computer, and have an ice cold one. Can't address everything all at once ....

The arcade isn't working right now!

Good job on all of the improvements!

Current Arcade isn't compatible with version 4.2.1, but we'll be rebuilding...

Ok, wtf is this Spy thing at the top? I don't get it :( It seems to just update with posts, but i haven't figured it out...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.