• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT - Sam Huff retires as Redskins’ radio announcer

SNF

The Starter
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/21/sam-huff-retires-as-redskins-radio-announcer/

Sam Huff, the former Giants and Redskins linebacker who parlayed a Hall of Fame playing career into a decades-long career as a broadcaster, is retiring from the Redskins’ radio booth.

“I’ve enjoyed every game that I played, coached and provided color commentary over the last 50 years with the Washington Redskins,” Huff said in a statement.

More at link above ...

Way overdue. Great man, great Redskin, and it was time for him to step back, sit back, and enjoy the rest of the game on the sidelines. Here's to you Mr. Huff :cheers:

Well said Boone.

I remember growing up my dad used to mute the TV and steal my radio to listen to Sonny Sam and Frank.

At the time I thought it was lame - why go through the trouble?

Around 20 or so I figured it out.

I actually got to work with his son. They have a place not too far from me.

Even though I agree with everything Boone said, it's still a sad day for me. Nothing beat listening to Sonny, Sam and Frank during the glory days.

Even though I agree with everything Boone said, it's still a sad day for me. Nothing beat listening to Sonny, Sam and Frank during the glory days.

yup! I don't really care about the quality of analysis. I want an unabashed homer!! and that was Sam!

I've got a pic somewhere hanging out on bourbon street with Sam after we beat the #1 offense in the league in 06. He was so cool to just hang out with and have a drink. He was so happy we won that game and was out at 3am making us look like snot nosed kids. Legend.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I've got a pic somewhere hanging out on bourbon street with Sam after we beat the #1 offense in the league in 06. He was so cool to just hang out with and have a drink. He was so happy we won that game and was out at 3am making us look like snot nosed kids. Legend.

Love seeing stories about Sam. Makes me think of him naming one of his farm mules Max after putrid ex-Skins kicker, Max Zendejas.

This shows what a team Sonny and Sam were:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqjTtq1SXZ0[/media]

Agreed..glad it was on his terms, too.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Actually it wasn't, but it was overdue either way. There's a story being written as we speak for the Post with his side of things.

Actually it wasn't, but it was overdue either way. There's a story being written as we speak for the Post with his side of things.

Of course, there always is. Just like last time when they cut his away game broadcasts.

The man is senile at this point, so I have no doubt that the Post was able to get him to say he doesn't want to retire and he doesn't understand why he's being forced out of the job.

The same Post that would quickly point out Huff's radio presence as an embarrassment if it suited their current agenda.

**** them.

The only real question is which nonsense spewer drew the short straw for the assignment; Wise? Sally? Reid?

Joey T wants to replace him.

Recent comments from Joe, defending the team name days ago. I love him defending the name. His claim is interesting.

“I was very proud to play for the Washington Redskins, and I did it to honor Native people in that regard,” Theismann said. “I think sometimes people perceive words in their own particular way. What happens, what Mr. Snyder decides to do is totally up to him. I can just tell you that when I put that uniform on, and I put that helmet on with the Redskin logo on it, I felt like I was representing more than the Washington Redskins, I was representing the great Native American nations that exist in this country.”

Theismann and Jurgy are not buddies but could you imagine Mitchell in the booth? Snyder would never go for it, but the ever optimistic Jurgensen would have his hair on fire with Mitchell's negativity.

I could go with Chris Cooley because I like him, but I would think some people would be upset that you replace a guy of Huff's stature with a guy like Chris Cooley.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.