• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT - Sam Huff retires as Redskins’ radio announcer

Cooley would actually be awesome, IMO. Never really considered him...but yeah, he'd be great!

I remember growing up that my dad would also mute the TV so we could listen to Sonny and Sam. It is amazing how fast time flies....

think how much fun it wld be if Dexter Manley took over the mike!

personally...I've always liked Ken Harvey. Wld love to see him back.

I liked Theismann when he was teamed with Mike Patrick. Not sure how well he'd do with Larry but I'm guessing they could work well together. The ONLY way Joe gets the job though is if Sonny decides to retire as well. I don't see that happening but you never know.

I wouldn't mind Cooley but a guy I'd really like to see is Mark May. Unfortunately, he has a sweet Saturday gig doing college analysis. I think Doc Walker would do well in the booth as well.

I liked Theismann when he was teamed with Mike Patrick. Not sure how well he'd do with Larry but I'm guessing they could work well together. The ONLY way Joe gets the job though is if Sonny decides to retire as well. I don't see that happening but you never know.

I wouldn't mind Cooley but a guy I'd really like to see is Mark May. Unfortunately, he has a sweet Saturday gig doing college analysis. I think Doc Walker would do well in the booth as well.

I had the Mark May thought as well, but no chance he leaves College Game Day...I'm sure he gets 10 times the paycheck doing that than he ever would doing Redskins games on the radio.

Other guys that might be fun to listen to:
Fred Smoot - you'd only understand half of what he said, but that half would be effin' HILARIOUS!
Clinton Portis - Special guest at halftime: Sheriff Gongetcha!
Cooley
Art Monk - he doesn't talk a lot, but I think that would be different on radio. He seems like the kind of guy that would have those awesome insights we crave when listening to a game.
Marcus Washington - well spoken, student of the game.

Just some thoughts...it will definitely be interesting to see who they bring in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.